I just noticed one of my tubes wasn't lighting up in my rectoverb. It takes 2 6L6 GC STR 430 tubes, at least thats whats in it now. I was thinking I should get some Mesa tubes, but are there ones that will give me the same tone for less $$? Thanks!

Also I've heard Mesa tubes are just rebranded? what would be the generic name?
Mexican Fender Fat Strat
Mesa Boogie Rect-o-verb
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
The generic name would probably be Sovtek. That's all I can tell you.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I can tell you that Sovteks suck, and you can drastically improve your tone by mixing and matching different tube brands and putting them in the right series in your signal path. But I can't directly help you, you'll have to find someone who knows more about tubes.
Tubes aren't lightbulbs. They can be dim or not light up and still be ok.
If you do want to replace them, don't get mesa tubes. Mesa rebrands Sovteks, which are the second worst tubes you can buy behind chinese tubes. Tung-sol or JJ are good 6l6s. EH are fine if you need them to be cheaper. Let me know or post in the tubes thread if you want suggestions for a full retube.
Let me know or post in the tubes thread if you want suggestions for a full retube.

Well there's only 2 6L6 tubes in the amp, its a 50 watter. I think i'll replace them both and probably get some nice ones if they're worth if. Looking for a metallica tone i guess, justice/puppets era?
Mexican Fender Fat Strat
Mesa Boogie Rect-o-verb
Tubes aren't lightbulbs. They can be dim or not light up and still be ok.

How will i know when a tube fully goes out? it'll just sound ****ty? and will it hurt the amp playing with just one tube?
Mexican Fender Fat Strat
Mesa Boogie Rect-o-verb
The rectoverb also has 5 12AX7s in addition to the 6l6s. You'll be able to tell when a tube goes bad- the amp will either sound very bad or stop working completely.
You're replacing 6l6's for 6l6's, so the change in tone is going to be minimal. What really changes the voice of an amp is experimenting with preamp tubes. If you are using Mesa 12AX7's, I would ditch those and buy a few JJ ECC83S' or Electro Harmonix 12AX7's. These two brands are also good for 6l6's. I also like Svetlana poweramp tubes.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
You're gonna hate me for this, but all of this stuff is in the "Tube' sticky thing. You know the like "all you wanna know about tube" post. Very handy
If Rock is a lifestyle, then Metal's an addiction

"People don't kill people with giant boulders"
"They will if you take away their assault rifles"

Quote by Gee-tar-eist
I wouldnt give a ****, i would gladly play music for people to steal it!