OK. So I want to play verses with a little bit of distortion and then kick a pedal on with tons of distortion for the chorus. So can I have two distortion pedals...have one set with a little distortion and one set with alot of distortion? Would this work? Will two distortion pedals screw something up?
Quote by thankyougermany
I'm not in there
nope
it shouldn't
just try out different settings to get everything perfect and eventually you will find the right sound.
I do it all the time. Actually, they make a pedal like that. You probably don't care, but its called the Route 66 Jekyll and Hied. It's got an overdrive on one side, and a distortion on the other. You can run them separately, or both at the same time. Never tried one, but it looks awesome!
I use a Boss Blues Driver and a Metal Zone together sometimes. I know it sounds weird but if you turn the distortion down on the Metal Zone it gives you a nice sound when you run them together. Then for parts of the song when I want less I just turn the Metal Zone off. Also, I don't know what kind of guitar you have, but if you have one with a pickup selector, you can turn the volume most of the way down on one of the pickups and keep the other all the way up. That way you can keep the distortion all the way up on your pedal and just switch back and forth with the pickup selector to get different amounts of it. Hope that makes sense.
Well they don't have to be on at the same time.
But you would need to turn one off then turn the other one one.

May I recommend the Boss-ME-50
It has about 11 different distortions (ranging from the MT-2 to the IBZ TubeScreamer)
or maybe you can use another multi effects.
Use amp distortion for one part and then when the heavier part comes kick pedal distortion on, less footwork needed
Or with a tube amp pick lighter for the cleaner parts and hammer the strings for more distortion.. I don't necessarily think 2 distortion pedals would work particularly well, but a distortion and an EQ or overdrive should.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by Moose1309
I do it all the time. Actually, they make a pedal like that. You probably don't care, but its called the Route 66 Jekyll and Hied. It's got an overdrive on one side, and a distortion on the other. You can run them separately, or both at the same time. Never tried one, but it looks awesome!

yes i second this my cousin used to have a route 66 jekyll and hied pedal and he said it was an awesome distortion pedal
Boss mt2 sucks.
Boss me-50 sucks from what I hear but havent tried one myself.
Jekyll and Hyde is spelled that way <=.
Gear
Gibson Les Paul std faded, Godin LG
Marshall jcm900
Keeley ds1, maxon od808, boston tu500, RMC Wizard