I just started playing yesterday, my friend gave me an old aria pro II to play with and I bought a new Ibanez tbx15r amp along with a new cord. Everything seemed fine yesterday and today I rush home to practice and for some reason, I can only play for about 1 minute and 45 secs to 2 minutes ( I timed it several times) and the sound fades out and I have to cut the amp off then back on to get any sound out of it again. Is this a problem with the guitar due to age (he said he hasn't played it in a LONG time) or do you think I have a defective amp out of the box? Thanks for the help, I look forward to learning all I can from you guys! Thanks in advance!

.:deathcap00:.
it could be a short in your pickup wiring. but like you said, it may be a defective amp.
I'm a Mormon.

Gear:
Schecter C-1+
Kustom Tube 12-A
Digitech Hardwire Tube Overdrive
what i would do, is take yourt guitar to your music store, and plug it into an amp. if it still fades, then its your guitar.
bad out of the box, I hope this new one doesn't crap out on me quick! thx for the help all.
i had something like this on the cord. the wiring split, so check to see if the wiring is screwed and if it is, buy a new cord.
Quote by megakravitz
i had something like this on the cord. the wiring split, so check to see if the wiring is screwed and if it is, buy a new cord.

+1

It sounds more like a dodgy cable than anything else.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com