i own a line 6 spider 3 75 watt combo amp...i know for sure that it's similar (close to same) to the line 6 III 75HD and 150HD...if you're looking for some pretty zazzy effects then i'd go for the line 6...i'm not too sure about what the valveking does...
funfunfun

isn't that a big spider

spiders are fine at soft volumes. other than that.

hilarity ensues.
i have a 'white guitar'
Valveking. But, what is your budget?
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
The valveking sounds a lot better than the line 6.
Quote by zac362
not many ppl have heard of the lochrian mode, mainly cos its only really usefull for mindless shredding
I have a valveking 212, It's really LOUD! lol. Umm it has that whole texture knob thing on the back, presence and resonance knobs, I guess if youve played with one already you know what it sounds like and the like. I've had mine about 6 months and it has been doing fine Never played with a line 6 but I'd like to. You've played both it's up to you, I think it would preally depend on what you wanna play, the line 6 has the whole efects thing built in going for it.
Quote by FLCLcowdude
Valveking. But, what is your budget?

My Budget is $500 max. I already have Randall 4x12 cabinet. I've played both, I like the Valve King's clarity a little more, BUT, I see myself having to spend a bunch more money after the ValveKing Purchase, i.e. noise gate, flange, a better chorus pedal, and a distortion pedal for when I really want crunch. I don't know if anyone else has been in this same debate or not.
i own the lineIII and it worked for a while, but i really wish i saved up alittle longer and got the valveking instead
Well, Jesus Christ, I'm not scared to die,

I'm a little bit scared of what comes after

Do I get the gold chariot?

Do I float through the ceiling?
Your trying to compare a SS digital modelling amp to an all tube amp. There isnt a comparison. Valve king is way way better than the spider. 500 bucks just doesnt buy much anymore. More money or less amp.
Quote by midwestguitarma
My Budget is $500 max. I already have Randall 4x12 cabinet. I've played both, I like the Valve King's clarity a little more, BUT, I see myself having to spend a bunch more money after the ValveKing Purchase, i.e. noise gate, flange, a better chorus pedal, and a distortion pedal for when I really want crunch. I don't know if anyone else has been in this same debate or not.

You wont need a distortion pedal. Mabye an OD.
Not a contest, Valveking.

In before "I played it once in a store and it was thin/muddy/tinny/not warm/other made up sillyness".
Quote by HxCori<3
you sir, are the ultimate UG stereotype, praise a not so good metal player, zakk, put down other peoples playing, seriously say I WAS GONAA PLAYZ SOME UBER LEEDS LOZLOERLS~1!!!11!, and then critique epiphones as if there worth a second glance
Quote by midwestguitarma

What kind of music do you play?
Valveking...
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator