OK, just for the hell of it, I decided to check the top 100 viewed tabs on this site. I was bored, looking for some random tunes to check out, you know. Anyways, as I was looking I noticed a trend. By the time I had re-counted, I noticed that over 20 of the top 100 songs can be found on various music simulation games, visa vi Guitar Hero and Rock Band. And I just had to laugh, because you KNOW that 95% of the views on some of these songs are just random d bags who beat off to guitar hero all day saying "I'sa play tha guitar REEAAAAL good!", and I so hate those kind. I laugh because as we all know not just anyone can pick up an axe and just start ripping Cliffs of Dover or Through the Fire and Flames. It sickens me because now everywhere I go, be it Guitar Center or Bruno Brothers or whatever music retail establishment you prefer, I have to listen to some faggot plowing not Iron Man straight down to hell, no, but thinking they are Kerry King by turning the amp up to 10 and fisting the strings like the mother that crapped them out. And the worst part is, they all think they are the **** because they play a video game, and act like they are awesome by ****TILY COVERING SONGS. Man, the music world is really in for a shock 10 years from now, because we won't have so many original bands as we will Dragonforce cover bands that sound like more ass than the original. OK I know this has been long, and I know most of it has been said, but when my venerable Ultimate Guitar site begins to be flooded by video game guitarists, I get the feeling like original music is dying, as is any meaningful purpose in my life. p.s. No, I am not insane for those of you who may think otherwise.
It's probably because those songs have become insanely popular amongst the music community over the years, and GH choose insanely popular songs for their game.

durrrr. The top viewed tabs have nothing to do with GH.
Quit being such a jerk. If people like the music, then they can learn it on real guitar. What's wrong with that?
I don't think your insane. It's a pretty sane statement.

Guitar Heroists probably won't take over UG though. They have no need to, it's not like the load of people who play guitar will actually let them anyways.

Unless they have a will of titanium, and VERY high self esteem, they aren't going to last long.
get over it pansy. some kid played smoke on the water in GC today. me, my dad, and the guy working there just looked at each other and laughed.

that's just how it goes.
The general trend among these games seem to be that the songs in them become insanely popular because everyone plays the game it's just the way it is
GREAT ODIN'S RAVEN
Why do you care?
Quote by mcw00t
"so you mean if the father is sterile, the kid will be sterile too?"

Proof God exists and evolution is a lie:
Quote by elguitarrista3
the prove is u because u did n create urself and ur parents dindt and their parents didnt and so on and we are not monkeys peace

I bet this just makes you so sad.

Get it into your head: Though it's a rather lame fact, GH and Rock Band inspire people to want to play guitar. They get to know the rhythm and melodies of the songs that are in the game, and as such, those are the first songs they want to learn. Also, the people you hear playing Iron Man crappily at 10 volume have been doing so far longer than Guitar Hero has existed. And they may be playing it shittily, but if they were inspired by GH, they're probably new to guitar. Did you pick up your guitar in one day and just rip out every song you do now? No, you didn't. You started at the ground, like they are. Just because you were inspired to play guitar for a different reason than a video game doesn't make you any better as a person. And you know what? I'm willing to bet that you'll one day meet a guitarist who impresses you only to find out that they started because of that video game.

Long enough post?
Quote by guylee
get over it pansy. some kid played smoke on the water in GC today. me, my dad, and the guy working there just looked at each other and laughed.

that's just how it goes.

...What's so funny about that? Maybe he was buying his first guitar?
i read about half. i take it youre trying to feel superior to people who play guitar hero? impressive.
I have no opinion on this matter.
Yes, you are indeed more pure than those neandrathals that learn how to play popular songs on guitar

alot of songs on those games are insanely popular, and may not be because of the game... even if it is, who cares? at least people are trying to learn a new skill
Quote by synpet713192
I bet this just makes you so sad.

Get it into your head: Though it's a rather lame fact, GH and Rock Band inspire people to want to play guitar. They get to know the rhythm and melodies of the songs that are in the game, and as such, those are the first songs they want to learn. Also, the people you hear playing Iron Man crappily at 10 volume have been doing so far longer than Guitar Hero has existed. And they may be playing it shittily, but if they were inspired by GH, they're probably new to guitar. Did you pick up your guitar in one day and just rip out every song you do now? No, you didn't. You started at the ground, like they are. Just because you were inspired to play guitar for a different reason than a video game doesn't make you any better as a person. And you know what? I'm willing to bet that you'll one day meet a guitarist who impresses you only to find out that they started because of that video game.

Long enough post?

+1 thats what made me want to play, and I'm pretty good at the guitar.

TS:

I don't like bands like plain white teabaggers and boys act like girls. i'm into coheed and cambria, alice in chains, pulse ultra etc. so I don't think I'm at risk of sounding like dragonforce.

But I see what you mean and I respect your border-of-maniacal opinion.
Just want to point this out...

Perhaps the creators of the game put in sons that are already popular songs among guitarists...nah, that's just a ridiculous idea, isn't it?

Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...