im getting my wisdom teeth out on friday and my doctor said i have to start taking penicillin a week before.

so did anyone else have to do this? would it be bad if i didnt? and is it normal?
what's the big deal? just do it
Quote by Eminored
Hentai. It's a completely different world that will rip your eye-sockets and and skull-screw you with its tentacles.
What are the side effects?
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
Quote by TheVelvetGlove
i dont like the side effects man

how much experience do you have with penicillin?
I have no opinion on this matter.
Quote by TheVelvetGlove
im getting my wisdom teeth out on friday and my doctor said i have to start taking penicillin a week before.

so did anyone else have to do this? would it be bad if i didnt? and is it normal?

its fairly normal its just for bacterial infection

Common adverse drug reactions (≥1% of patients) associated with use of the penicillins include diarrhea, nausea, rash, urticaria, and/or superinfection (including candidiasis). Infrequent adverse effects (0.1–1% of patients) include fever, vomiting, erythema, dermatitis, angioedema, seizures (especially in epileptics), and/or pseudomembranous colitis
Quote by tuwyci
its fairly normal its just for bacterial infection

Common adverse drug reactions (≥1% of patients) associated with use of the penicillins include diarrhea, nausea, rash, urticaria, and/or superinfection (including candidiasis). Infrequent adverse effects (0.1–1% of patients) include fever, vomiting, erythema, dermatitis, angioedema, seizures (especially in epileptics), and/or pseudomembranous colitis

Don't forget the insanely large chance of getting ED.
Pseudomembranous colitis is an infection of the colon often, but not always, caused by the bacterium Clostridium difficile. Still, the expression "C. diff colitis" is used almost interchangeably with the more proper term of pseudomembranous colitis. The illness is characterized by offensive-smelling diarrhea, fever, and abdominal pain. It can be severe, causing toxic megacolon, or even fatal.

Dead From Wisdom Teeth. Aint rock n roll dude!
Oh please, those are UNCOMMON side effects. Don't be a pansy. <1%? You should be ashamed.
Quote by National_Anthem
Quote by Weeping_Demon7

Worst-Atheists (because 90% of them are arrogant bastards)
Best- Music

90% of people are arrogant bastards, regardless of religion.
Less than 1%. How stupid would you be to believe that you'll end up with even one of those. You realise that is just there so that if anyone does get those symptoms that the company can't be sued. The chances of getting one symptom is miniscule even.
Quote by fob12
I'm allergic to it.

me too.

i didnt have to take anything before i got mine out. im guessing they just want you to do it to reduce the risk of infection.
I think it just keeps bacteria from dividing. It's the most commonly used antibiotic, most people are fine.