I haven't been at college for a long time because of illness and personal reasons.
I just went to email some work to one of my tutors and it turns out that I've lost 50% of my coursework marks.
So my new attitude is "sod it", I'm going to remove myself from biology and chemistry.
I have a plan though, so all is well.

I just needed to share that because I'm a bit pissed off at the moment.
Have any other UGers done anything like this?
Regrets?
How have things turned out?

Tim
ok.....

if you dont do the work you dont deserve the grades.
I have no opinion on this matter.
cheer up.

people are dieing in africa right now.
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
Quote by Zugunruhe
ok.....

if you dont do the work you dont deserve the grades.

I've not done it because I've had personal stuff to sort out, k?
Quote by _Tim_
I've not done it because I've had personal stuff to sort out, k?

fine, but if you do 50% of the work, you deserve 50% of the grade. it doesnt matter why you missed it, even if its for a good reason. are we supposed to be sympathetic here?
I have no opinion on this matter.
Quote by Zugunruhe
fine, but if you do 50% of the work, you deserve 50% of the grade. it doesnt matter why you missed it, even if its for a good reason. are we supposed to be sympathetic here?

I wasn't asking for sympathy

and Tim is a great name
Maybe you can contact an academic adviser and get a chance to catch up or re-take your courses. Failing a bunch of classes is no good if you want to get into grad school or whatever.
Quote by markr17
go eat a hermanpherdite.
ah well college here is just like your high school except it's not compulsory (I think it is there?)
I do have a fall back option or two it's just case of getting the money to fund them, at the moment :/
Oh, I thought you meant like University. I think I know what you're talking about though. If I'm right, Quebec has a similar program. I still think you could talk to some administrator though. Don't get your hopes up, but I doubt there's much harm in trying.
Quote by markr17
go eat a hermanpherdite.
Nah it's my own fault really.
I'm carrying on with education, I'm just going to take a couple of home courses. One in marine biology and one in English literature.

That way I can work and learn, which SHOULD look better on any university applications I make because I've shown I'm willing to educate myself without going through more conventional methods.
If you miss 50% of class it's better for you to drop the classes. It's not worth your own time to try to catch up, you won't actually learn anything. Take it in stride, sounds like you already have a plan. Instructors don't do it to be unreasonable, they do it because it's probably the best course of action for the student.