Absolute best bang for your buck if you love Peaveys...

The amp is the precursor to the XXX and JSX and sounds exactly like its newer siblings...

Amp had a great modern metal tone, cleans were decent and crunch was nice as well.

And heres the kicker could have purchased it for $250 bucks, going rate is 250 to 380.... Amp tears my VK a new one and half the price... Anyone considering a modern geared amp or looking at dropping alot of coin on a JSX I would seriously check this amp out.

So heres the break down

Ultra Plus = JSX, XXX
Ultra Plus kills the VK and a few other brands in the same price range
Ultra plus gets killed by the 6505 unless you like the JSX and XXX over the 6505 then this is the amp for you.
i have a tough time finding this amp in my city. but if i see one, i'll be sure to snag one.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
I like how "half power" is still enough to blow your house down. I haven't seen any of these amps around, where did you find it?
Quote by Roc8995
I like how "half power" is still enough to blow your house down. I haven't seen any of these amps around, where did you find it?

Local music store, that deals in alot of used stuff. Usually i can find them on craigslist and ebay from time to time.. GC has one too on the used section i believe..
Quote by IbanezPsycho
120 watt all tube with half power switch to kick it down to 60 watts

thats sick dude.
good find. holy christ.
i love the XXX. the gain is so sick on it.
do you know if it has an active eq on it like the XXX or a regular passive one?
Quote by peever
thats sick dude.
good find. holy christ.
i love the XXX. the gain is so sick on it.
do you know if it has an active eq on it like the XXX or a regular passive one?

Supposedly same circuit.. From what i researched...
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Supposedly same circuit.. From what i researched...

thats friggin awesome man great find!
the active eq is supposed to be sooo touchy so it can get a very wide range of tone's
Quote by peever
thats friggin awesome man great find!
the active eq is supposed to be sooo touchy so it can get a very wide range of tone's

Eq was pretty sensitive and tones did vary greatly... When i tested it, even had my buddy jam while i tweaked everything back and forth. Lots of tones in that thing thats for sure...