Ive never owned a guitar with a trem before and im wondering how much extra anyone would pay to make sure they had one on a guitar. I play metal and hardcore and my next purchase will be an ibanez 7 string. The RG7321 is around 400 and doesnt have a trem and the S7320 is 700 and includes one. Is this worth it? How much more can you really do with a trem over a fixed bridge?
i'd pay the extra 300 for a trem i never had one untill i bought my ibanez... there awesome
Lets make a toast...To women's underwear its not the best thing in the world but its next to it...
Check on Ebay. A floyd (THE PERFECT TREM) goes for about 250. Is it worth 50 bucks to install it yourself?
Wow. Well I guess its best you ask us.

Well here is the deal, there are 1000's of trems out there so its hard to tell.

Both the RG and S series' are VERY different. The S possibly could have better electronics and such for the 300. My suggestion is just to go to a guitar shop and try out everything you can. Some people like trems, some just do not need them.
Add me or I will eat your kitty!

^Click the heart baby, you know you wanna.^

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
I dont think 300 is worth it, its fun to mess aroud with, but it is not used very much, at least for anything I play
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
The S730 is so much more worth it than for just the trem. I don't know about you, but I don't like the necks on RG's. May just be up to personal taste, but the S is using a hell of all better.
Quote by elekguit
Wow. Well I guess its best you ask us.

Well here is the deal, there are 1000's of trems out there so its hard to tell.

Both the RG and S series' are VERY different. The S possibly could have better electronics and such for the 300. My suggestion is just to go to a guitar shop and try out everything you can. Some people like trems, some just do not need them.

yeah im going into guitar center this week to check it out. just seeing what people who own guitars with trems think of them/how much they really use them
Bare in mind trems (especailly floyds) are pains the the ass. As cool as they are for someone with no experience for them they will piss you off to no end. But if you must buy one with a trem then remember to take it to your local guitar shop to get restrung because you dont wanna fork out 300 for a trem then have it die on you because you mess up the tension because of lack of experince. And also always have a backup guitar. Coz i dunno about you but im not one to rush to the guitar shop mid jam session to get my floyd restung.

I rambled on a bit there but the main point is; if you must buy a guitar with a trem be prepared to be frustrated.
Well I personally adore trems, although I can live without. If you aren't sure how much you'll use the trem, I would suggest against you paying a lot for a guitar with one. They are a HUGE pain in the ass at times with tuning, so you should be certain that you want it.
Add me or I will eat your kitty!

^Click the heart baby, you know you wanna.^

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
Quote by Blackvelvet
Bare in mind trems (especailly floyds) are pains the the ass. As cool as they are for someone with no experience for them they will piss you off to no end. But if you must buy one with a trem then remember to take it to your local guitar shop to get restrung because you dont wanna fork out 300 for a trem then have it die on you because you mess up the tension because of lack of experince. And also always have a backup guitar. Coz i dunno about you but im not one to rush to the guitar shop mid jam session to get my floyd restung.

I rambled on a bit there but the main point is; if you must buy a guitar with a trem be prepared to be frustrated.

Wait. All the S-series are equipped with an ZR trems, if I'm not mistake.
Nvm, you were talking about putting in it in the RG, no?
That comparison isn't really fair because those guitars have more differences than just bridge type. A better comparison would be the S520EX which retails for $600. So in reality you're only paying a hundred more for the trem. Also that S is superior in about every aspect as well.

EDIT: An even better comparison would be the RG1527 which is $900. That S is really a good deal. Now ether the hassle of dealing with a trem (which isn't even close to being as bad as many people make it out to be) is worth it, that's completely up to you.
Last edited by T!AN at May 12, 2008,