you put acoustic guitar strings on an electric? would it sound different when its plugged in? what would the differences be? just wondering haha
My Gear:

Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Junior
Standard Stratocaster (JB Junior in Bridge Position)
Peavey Raptor Plus Exp

Amps:
Marshall MG100HDFX/MG412 Slant Cab Half Stack
Peavey TransTube Rage 158
done it. deeper creamier blues sound. that's it. oh and your guitar explodes.
Pretty please, with sugar on top, clean the f***ing car.
I love pulp...
Someone told me there's a girl out there
With love in her eyes and flowers in her hair...

I will find this girl.

If you put nylon strings on you can't hear anything ebcause there not metal. And the guitar runs of magnetics... And your guitar explodes...
ESP Eclipse-II VTB (With 18v Mod)
Randall RG75
Tapco Mix60
New Zealand
Quote by tunasband
explodes?
as in Just kidding?

Afraid not.

I did the same thing with an old beater because I was curious. I put the strings on and when I turned around to grab my tuner the thing exploded. Really hurt my side, but didn't leave any permanent damage. I'm just glad it wasn't one of my nice guitars.

literally rofl'ing
Well, steel acoustic strings are probably less magnetic than electric strings (depending on the material). Just, unless you know what you're getting into, don't go with acoustic strings on electric.
Oh, and the guitar will explode. No joke. When it blew, the neck pickup broke a window. Not fun. Try explaining that to your mom.

Mom: What did you do to your room?
Me: My guitar exploded
Mom: Grrr...*INSTA-BAN!*
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
i did it in my first month of playing...

guitar blew up and cut my face...
Yeah, there's a reason they keep guitar strings behind the counter and so carefully organized, and in special bags all separated.

This poor kid probably thinks we're serious.
Quote by T!AN
Afraid not.

I did the same thing with an old beater because I was curious. I put the strings on and when I turned around to grab my tuner the thing exploded. Really hurt my side, but didn't leave any permanent damage. I'm just glad it wasn't one of my nice guitars.

are you telling me none of you even bothered to read the volatile-guage warning on the back of the strings before you change them?

Quote by guy66657
you put acoustic guitar strings on an electric? would it sound different when its plugged in? what would the differences be? just wondering haha

to answer your question TS you could put any king of acoustic strings on an electric except the bronze wound ones. if you choose the latter, the phosphor in the bronze will oxodise when exposed to concetrated amounts of magnetic current (ie. an electric pickup) which in turn will give your hands serious chemical burns if they come in contact with the strings.
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Last edited by shredhead22 at May 12, 2008,
Quote by Arbitror
This topic is scaring me.

It's supposed to do that...
"RAWR WIRES >:O"
One more kiss... One more touch...
I miss you, wont you hug me just one last time?

Twitter!!~ Follow Re-follow :P