Hey everyone, I saw an ad in my local newspaper in Montana for Nuclear Power Plant Trainees...I was wondering if anybody had any experience in this or if you know anybody who has. Or if anybody just knows anything about it please just let me know, any information helps thanks.
youre asking for nuclear scientists on the pit?

inb4 Homer Simpson.
I have no opinion on this matter.
Quote by aaron6890
no, but at first i read it as nuclear power manatee, which reads as a completely different title.

which made me instantly think of this

can't help really but im from montana
According to wiki FAP really stands for familial adenomatous polyposis, a type of colon cancer.
--------------
Ibanez SZ720
Randall RG75D
--------------
Me Playing Stuff: Here
Quote by majonior
its an al-kay-duh trap!

oh, ok....thanks, how about any other jobs that are sort of like it that don't need college degrees but still make a good amount of money? Stuff that offer on the job training.
Last edited by OneGuitar at May 12, 2008,
Does it specify as to what your duties will be? Unless you have a degree in engineering, physics, or chemistry I can't really fathom what else there would be for you to do.

Also I'd just like to throw in that most nuclear engineers at the moment are nearing retirement and that the retirement rate for those positions is greater than the rate of graduates for the field, meaning that NE's will get paid quite well in the near future.
Schecter Loomis
LTD Horizon
Ibanez RGA121
Marshall DSL100
Peavey 5150

Quote by emagdnimasisiht
haha
This is the funniest thing i've ever read on UG.
lespaulrocks39, you sir are awesome.
Last edited by lespaulrocks39 at May 12, 2008,
Quote by lespaulrocks39
Does it specify as to what your duties will be? Unless you have a degree in engineering, physics, or chemistry I can't really fathom what else there would be for you to do.

sanitation manager
Quote by OneGuitar
oh, ok....thanks, how about any other jobs that are sort of like it that don't need college degrees but still make a good amount of money? Stuff that offer on the job training.

You could get certifications for networking or really any technology field. If a business needs a network technician/engineer, you may be able to get them to pay for the training for you if they're desperate.

Quote by andrid
sanitation manager

Are you being euphemistic about "janitor", or are you implying nuclear waste disposal? You'd even need a degree for that I believe.
Schecter Loomis
LTD Horizon
Ibanez RGA121
Marshall DSL100
Peavey 5150

Quote by emagdnimasisiht
haha
Last edited by lespaulrocks39 at May 12, 2008,
Quote by andrid
sanitation manager

You most likely wont need a qualification for that, but prior job experience with some sort of sanitation will probably be a requirement. If you have any sort of work experience that involved quarantines that will probably do.
My dad used to work as a computer engineer at a nuclear power plant.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Quote by civildp1
My dad used to work as a computer engineer at a nuclear power plant.

I'm thinking about interning at Wolf Creek here in Kansas. I'm only half done with my degree in Electrical Engineering, though.
Schecter Loomis
LTD Horizon
Ibanez RGA121
Marshall DSL100
Peavey 5150

Quote by emagdnimasisiht
haha