i have about 50 bucks left from the new pedals i just got and i was wonderin about how the bad monkey sounds on a clean channel. i would be trying to get a lynyrd skynyrd typre of distortion or somewhere around those lines. would it sound better than my vk 112 lead channel for lynyrd skynyrd? thanks
Guitar:
Dean Razorback

Amp:
Peavey Valve King 112

Effects:
Boss Ds-1

Mxr Evh Flanger
Dime Crybaby From Hell
Regardless of what channel you run it through, the Bad Monkey (or any overdrive for that matter) will help tighten up the gain. It's a good option no matter what you do with it, although there are many better overdrives on the market.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Quote by stradivari310
Regardless of what channel you run it through, the Bad Monkey (or any overdrive for that matter) will help tighten up the gain. It's a good option no matter what you do with it, although there are many better overdrives on the market.

wrong.

Secondly, TS, making another thread won't get your question answered and just clogs up the forum. Stick to your original thread. Thirdly, save up and get yourself a more consistent overdrive like a Fulltone OCD, Xotic BB/AC Booster, Maxon Tubescreamer, Durham Electronics Sex Drive etc.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
Quote by IncubusMan999
wrong.

Secondly, TS, making another thread won't get your question answered and just clogs up the forum. Stick to your original thread. Thirdly, save up and get yourself a more consistent overdrive like a Fulltone OCD, Xotic BB/AC Booster, Maxon Tubescreamer, Durham Electronics Sex Drive etc.

+1
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
Quote by IncubusMan999
wrong.

Or even some of the Boss or Ibanez overdrives would be miles and miles better than the monkey, for cheaper alternatives
Last edited by Revhain at May 12, 2008,
Definitely, I would agree with the Ibanez or some of the old Boss Overdrives like the OD-1. Also, a modded SD-1 could do some damage.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
yes it'll get you a good southern rock sound on its own thru a clean channel. it's really a great pedal IMO and supposedly one person here thinks it's a quick remedy for those 'who haven't developed an ear for tone' which i was a little offended by but it's an opinion and that's fine. go to my profile and check my sound clips in which i use a bad monkey, that should give you an idea. THOUGH, keep in mind when i kick on the BM on the clips, it's usually already somewhat dirty on my blackheart.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
The Bad Monkey's at its best used on top of a dirty channel, it's pretty uninspiring on its own.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
The fulltone ocd is known to work very well in front of a clean channel as the sole source of gain.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
well i'm not saying it's the most amazing OD on a clean channel, tho i haven't really used but a few ODs. but it works fine for me in my praise and worship band, really crunchy and gives nice southern/classic rock feel. of course it could just be my lack of intelligence when it comes to recognizing good tone.

it's not gonna be the end all be all, but it's gonna do great for $50. if you have a good amount to spend, get urself something high up there, but don't think this is gonna be dissapointing b/c it wont unless you don't know how to use it.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out