oh LORD how i tried
it doesnt change anything
BSOD remains the same...
Blow in the cartridge.

Always works.
Wolfie, Moley, Witty, Dgmey, Grundy
buy a new one or slap it a few times
Quote by PlayMadness

Isn't it a little big-headed to name yourself "God," TS?

no.

Quote by Simsimius
I love you TS.

Quote by Ganoosh

Any thread with that title is sure to deliver, and this one...well...it did.
system restore.
The Elephant asked the Camel , oh why is your breast on your back Camel? To which the Camel replied, Why that is a strange question from someone with their dick on their face!
Quote by kman123
i did
oh LORD how i tried
it doesnt change anything
BSOD remains the same...

Cut the power to the computer, then reboot. You shouldn't really have to do that anyway cause restarting your computer always clears the blue screen of death as far as I've heard/experienced. You just hold the power button down or whatever....
Quote by angry armadillo
system restore.

Kinda hard to do that when the blue screen of death is sitting there, blocking the screen like a diseased fat woman.
when does this BSOD occur? is ti straight after boot? if possible what does it say?
Quote by AVA_Plus44_182
Kinda hard to do that when the blue screen of death is sitting there, blocking the screen like a diseased fat woman.

Yet it's not that hard to post in this thread?

Take out each stick of RAM, and boot using one at a time, if you get a BSOD on all of them, check hard drive connections, and then your power supply. If you get a BSOD on a particular stick, don't put it back in .__.

And also, call Dell. Preferably BEFORE you do those things, because doing it'll probably void your warranty.
..is a girl
Quote by RPGoof
WAT
How about just send a ship at the speed up light directly to the sun, and the gravity will pull it towards the sun, thus speeding it over the speed of light.

Quote by redh0tchilip3pp
How are you posting if you have a BSOD?

easy
im using a laptop
separate to the broken PC
Quote by polargimp
when does this BSOD occur? is ti straight after boot? if possible what does it say?

occurs when the loading screen for XP is up
shows a bunch of random numbers like 0000zk etc
then all i can see is
'use CHKDSK /F to see if disk is damaged or faulty'

and a whole lotta random letters/numbers
Quote by AVA_Plus44_182
alright smart ass calm down, not all BSOD's happen the instant you turn on the computer. There is safe mode for that anyway

Quote by Kaed15
Yet it's not that hard to post in this thread?

Take out each stick of RAM, and boot using one at a time, if you get a BSOD on all of them, check hard drive connections, and then your power supply. If you get a BSOD on a particular stick, don't put it back in .__.

And also, call Dell. Preferably BEFORE you do those things, because doing it'll probably void your warranty.
If it's a dell you probably cant open the case without taking a power tool to it.

Your options are basically:

Work out what change you made to the computer recently and remove it
failing that
system restore
failing that
format and start again
failing that
send it back to dell.
The Elephant asked the Camel , oh why is your breast on your back Camel? To which the Camel replied, Why that is a strange question from someone with their dick on their face!
Quote by kman123
occurs when the loading screen for XP is up
shows a bunch of random numbers like 0000zk etc
then all i can see is
'use CHKDSK /F to see if disk is damaged or faulty'

and a whole lotta random letters/numbers
when it is booting up keep pressing F8 and select safe mode, see if you can go to system restore from there
Quote by angry armadillo
when it is booting up keep pressing F8 and select safe mode, see if you can go to system restore from there

Double-posting scumbag.
Quote by AVA_Plus44_182
Double-posting scumbag.

I've caused the world to end, nice knowing you
Quote by angry armadillo
I've caused the world to end, nice knowing you

I'd love to say the same thing about you but unfortunately I don't want to.
youre trying to hard to be a troll and/or funny.
Quote by AVA_Plus44_182
Double-posting scumbag.

Dude is there something wrong today ?
Quote by AVA_Plus44_182
And/or neither?

well who would admit that
Quote by angry armadillo
well who would admit that

I can't answer that without a question mark mate, sorry.

Quote by GNR's Fan
Dude is there something wrong today ?

What gives you that idea?
great
a little off topic here
BUT anyway
its royally f*cked
i mean
i tried everything and it still comes up with the stupid blue screen
Quote by AVA_Plus44_182

and you said you think I have got it in for you
Quote by AVA_Plus44_182

This is becoming really sad even for the pit
Quote by angry armadillo
and you said you think I have got it in for you

Just because I have strict requirements for grammar and punctuation doesn't mean I have it in for you.
And don't bother putting italics in your posts either because my computer puts all standard font into italics by default for some reason.
Quote by AVA_Plus44_182
Just because I have strict requirements for grammar and punctuation doesn't mean I have it in for you.
And don't bother putting italics in your posts either because my computer puts all standard font into italics by default for some reason.

sure it does, i use enough grammar that one can comprehend my posts without difficulty, so you incessant need to come back to my use or lack of grammar says to me that you are one of those children on the internet who has nothing positive to contribute to a discussion so you have to capitalise on others mistakes because you dont have the creativity or intellect to add something worthwhile.

my posts arent for your personal amusement so i will use italics to emphasize certain parts of my posts anyway because you seem to have identified the use of italics regardless of your ability to set up your computer properly.

if you want me to have it in for you, i can.
A dell you say? Simple:

1. Pick up tower.
2. Hold up high.
3. Drop.
4. Repeat if necessary.
Quote by imthehitcher
you truly are a prince of men

Quote by isuckhardcore
I get naked FOR my dog.
Quote by angry armadillo
sure it does, i use enough grammar that one can comprehend my posts without difficulty, so you incessant need to come back to my use or lack of grammar says to me that you are one of those children on the internet who has nothing positive to contribute to a discussion so you have to capitalise on others mistakes because you dont have the creativity or intellect to add something worthwhile.

my posts arent for your personal amusement so i will use italics to emphasize certain parts of my posts anyway because you seem to have identified the use of italics regardless of your ability to set up your computer properly.

if you want me to have it in for you, i can.

I can see the italic tags in the quotes. My computer just started doing it randomly, and seeing as I don't really care about it I don't plan on fixing it. I'm not a child anyway, so there goes another piece of your statement.

I've already contributed something to this discussion on a more serious note, and I'm bored, so now I just want to amuse myself. The fact that I've contributed something to this discussion earlier, even if it's not exceptionally useful, means that I do have at least some degree of creativity and intellect to add something that's worthwhile on some scale. There goes another piece.

If you want to have it in for me you're more than welcome; I await the added amusement.
My old computer had this very problem. Does it keep happening? If so, it is most likely your BIOS, which is an extremely bad thing, as this can destroy your computer. You may need to re-install Windows, or change your hardware. (Some parts of your computer can cause this if they are 'dying'.)
use CHKDSK /F to see if disk is damaged or faulty

So, looks like your hard drive is damaged You can connect your hard drive to another PC and use scandisk to check it for bad sectors. OR run MSDOS from some boot-CD and run CHKDSK /F comand.

Also you can try to reset your BIOS (see users manual for your motherboard).
if it si your bios you will not be able to re install windows as this is what enable the motherboard to work. it does however sound like your hard drive,

connect it up to someone elses computer (making sure that they already have a primary hard drive to boot from). scan it and see if that fixes the problem, failing that , probably get a new hard drive and see if a proffessional can recover any data of teh broken one.
Quote by rizo299
I remember when a huge advertisement board in a shopping centre near me blue screened. It was quite humorous.

You should've taken pics!
That's sounds quite humorous.
Gore AND Core; unite!
A week ago, I was trying to install some keyboard drivers on my laptop (vista).
All of a sudden it goes to the blue screen and shuts down. Every time I tried starting it up, it just shut down before I could even get to the desktop.

I fixed it by holding F8 while it was starting up, selecting safe mode, and deleting the corrupter drivers.

So if that's any help to you...
Everyone becomes a genius when they join UG
Page 1 of 2