Hey GB&C,

This week I want to buy the supplies for my cab build and I was wanting to get the prices worked out tonight. So I need to know what parts I need for the build. I already have wood, I'm using 19mm(I think) form ply and that's all I have, apart from the tools. Does anyone have any good links to step-by-step guides or threads documenting cab builds?

Ok so about the parts, I know I need:
- Speakers (warehouse speakers, do they do PayPal?)
- Tolex
- Grillcloth
- Jacks
- Casters
- Recessed handles
- Screws, nails etc.

What else do I need? I'm building the cab for an ENGL Powerball head, it has two 8 ohm outs, so I'm thinking two 16 ohm speakers in parrallel? I was going for "The Reaper" and "Veteran 30". Is this a good combo for metal? Any lastly does anyone have any ideas for a layout for the cab (tolex and grillcloth-wise) like colours and stuff?

For reference, I'm getting supplies from http://www.mojomusicalsupply.com

Don't really have a budget cause the stuff is rather cheap.

Thanks in advance

EDIT: And yeah I read the cab tutorial but not all that stuff was helpful to what I wanted to find out.
Last edited by digger35 at May 12, 2008,
recessed handles and castors aren't all that useful to be honest, and if you have nice wood just stain it, thats what i did and mine looks awesome
lol@u
thats wierd i might start a 2x12 speaker project
and i play metal (im scared)
i was going to get vintage 30s but then decided to go for a pair of G12k-100s cause from the reviews i read seem to say that there smoother EQ wise
http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Guitar+Amp/brand/Celestion
also im confused about ohms?
Gear
Epiphone Les Paul Special 2
ESP EX-400
Roland Cube-15
Bugera 6260 head
Home made 2x12 loaded with celestion G12t-100s

OPETH FTW
My wood isn't very nice, it's already like painted black but it's got scratches and what not. I just thought recessed handles would be easier, but should I just get regular handles? And I've read the 2 x 12 cabinet thread, I just want to make sure I have everything before I get started.
recessed handles, also add metal corner protecters, post pics aswell

put blue LEDs behind the grill cloth, that would be awsome...
GEAR:
PRS CU22 10 top with #10
Gibson lp studio (fireburst)
MIA 06' fender strat sss

Orange rockerverb 50 c

morley rotating speaker '62
" pro wah
mxr flanger '73
line 6 dl4 x2, fm4, dm4
mi audio tube zone
love pedal karl fuzz
Last edited by new_kirk_hammet at May 13, 2008,