i have an old ibanez acoustic that i plan to take on a kayaking trip and i need to try and fix it bfore i go. the side got busted in pretty bad and i just want to try and patch it somehow. i'm not worried about it being perfect because i'm not expecting it to last for the whole ten days. as long as i can provide some kind of music for everyone i'll be happy. http://www.myspace.com/i_forgot_yourname i'll have some pics there in a min. ok so if you looked at the pics i thank you for the input. i'm not sure how it happened. ( was wasted). i pushed it out from the inside and closed it up as best as i could. the cracks are hard to see in the pics but they go about 6 inches away from the man split next to the top and bottom. (i hope that makes sense)
Last edited by crash-420 at May 13, 2008,
Could probably just try some would glue and shims, or thin pieces of wood that you can pick up at a hardware store. But its hard to tell, since I can't actually see whats wrong.
ANy pictures, or like...a better explanation to exactly how its busted?
Quote by identityxcrysis
Could probably just try some would glue and shims, or thin pieces of wood that you can pick up at a hardware store. ?

At the paint department, to be specific. You can pick up a few of those sticks ment for stirring paint. These are exactly of the material and the right gauche to make the patches you can glue on the inside of the guitar to get the pieces back together. It should be no problem to select a few that are not warped and have no knots. I've used them for mending cracked sides and also tops to full satisfaction. That were repairs carried out to be permanent and for leaving as little visible traces as possible, so for a quick patch up job just to keep a written off guitar out of the campfire for a few more days they will certainly be good enough.
(Probably this can even be achieved with a few strips of gaffertape, but this will give a nasty smell when the guitar eventually does end up in the campfire. And besides; if you succeed in fixing it up more permanently, you might decide to keep it for use on further outdoor trips)
would you mind putting the pictures in the thread? i deleted my myspace a while back and you have to log in to view pictures. i don't really feel like registering for myspace again

1. go to your myspace and open the picture
2. right click the picture and select "Copy Shortcut"
3. come back here and in a new post type (Invalid img)

do that for each picture and it will make them appear here in the thread.

here i fixed it for you.

is that as big as the pictures get? when you copied the shortcut from myspace did you click on the picture to display it individually first or did you copy the shortcut from the picture when it was displaying the whole album?
it's all good man. is that crack all the way through the wood for it's entire length?
you get an idea of what i'm talking about though. i just want it to be solid. it doesn't have to look great.
Quote by jimtaka
it's all good man. is that crack all the way through the wood for it's entire length?

yes