Hey Guys,

Having read the thread regerding the Tremolo-no I started looking around for similar products and while the main uses are most definatly different I came across this and started to wonder if this is any good.

http://www.hipshotproducts.com/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=115

From what I see this could be the saviour for people with trems that dont like to return to pitch, ie LFR's that might be a bit worn.

Also it looks like theres some modification required to the guitar body in the trem cavity to use this product.

Has anyone got any experience installing or using this?

Cheers

Hal.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
Bump for the evening crowd.
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Yea, i came to two conclusions.

1 - It was a bitch to install and set up. Yes, you have to drill into the body a tiny hole which a screw is placed to hold the ancor for the system which replaces the center spring of your guitar.
2 - I could not dive as far as i would have liked nor pull back

I had it installed for about a day on my RGT42 a few years ago. I still have pieces of it laying around, but Ibanez got smarter with their design like on the ZR trem that have a built-in thumb-screw looking thing that works the same way without any loss of dive/pull power.

I think it's a smart idea, some people that i know had a bitch setting it up but love it now. I had a friend of dads break a string on stage and he finished the song IN TUNE! That was what sold me. Although i didnt read the fine print or anything along those lines and I kind of just bought it and tried to throw it in.
Sounds like if the install job is done right it could be a winner. I however, don't like the sounds of loosing some range on the trem.
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

it's good if you set up a fender style trem to float. don't like them on FR style trems though.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Maybe suitable for my PRS trem then, mines been a bit temperamental recently.
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Quote by Kid_Thorazine
it's good if you set up a fender style trem to float. don't like them on FR style trems though.

I installed mine on a floating trem, which didnt yield results like i wanted.

Installing it on a fender-type trem does wonders. You can also bend notes and hit others and the strings wont go out of tune.

Go to their website and they have video on how to use it and "stuff".
What I want to do is simply make the trem flat against the body, so that i can downtune no problem and play bending licks with other strings, but still retain the ability to trem downwards. Obviously I won't be going up any time though. Does this increase tuning stability? Cause I'd imagine it would.
Gear: Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Epiphone Les Paul Standard (plus top)
Traynor YCV50 BLUE
Peavey Blazer
Zakk Wylde Signature Wah
EH Small Clone
MXR Distortion 3 (III)
This is exactly what I do with my strats vintage tremolo and it works wonders. Almost as much sustain as blocking the trem and great tuning stability. Don't know how well it would work on a floating trem though, definitely worth a try I'd say.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale
This is exactly what I do with my strats vintage tremolo and it works wonders. Almost as much sustain as blocking the trem and great tuning stability. Don't know how well it would work on a floating trem though, definitely worth a try I'd say.

You're responding to me hopefully?
Gear: Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Epiphone Les Paul Standard (plus top)
Traynor YCV50 BLUE
Peavey Blazer
Zakk Wylde Signature Wah
EH Small Clone
MXR Distortion 3 (III)
Yes, sorry for forgetting the ^. When you do it you gotta make sure that the springs are a bit tighter than they need to be so when you down tune the trem doesn't come off of the face of the guitar and knock everything else out of pitch.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Hmm. I searched for the perfect way to keep a Strat in tune for a long, when set up for floating trem use. In the end, I found that a well-made bridge block, well cut nut, well-made tuners, clean saddles, and a little time and effort on the setup front yeilds a guitar with impressive tuning stability and bar range.
Quote by Nocomment
What I want to do is simply make the trem flat against the body, so that i can downtune no problem and play bending licks with other strings, but still retain the ability to trem downwards. Obviously I won't be going up any time though. Does this increase tuning stability? Cause I'd imagine it would.

Does everything you want it to. Check it out man.
My strat plus came with one installed and it's a pretty cool idea, but it doesn't work all that well. If it did wouldn't Fender still use them? If a string breaks it does keep all the others in pitch, but that's about it. Any medium to heavy wammying will still kill it