We have to do an essay, and i was just wondering if anybody knows the answer to this question.

"name a political, social and economic grievance that russia faces during the reign of Nicholas 2nd"
lack of industrialisation, Russia still with large amount of serfdom and peasantry

state Duma held no actual power

people didn't enjoy dying in WW1 and losing to the Japanese

tbh there is loads, Imperial Russia was rubbish, revolution was inevitable really
The Russian people also didn't like the fact that a drunken, womanising monk called Rasputin who claimed to have healing powers appeared to have a lot of influence over the Tzar, who was the ultimate power in Russia at the time, via the Tzar's wife.
I've covered it a wee bit in my unit on the Bolshevik revolution, I'll try to remember some things.

Social structure:
Ruling class (royal family and government) - 0.5%
Upper class (nobles, church leaders etc) - 12.0%
Commercial class (bankers, merchants etc) - 1.5%
Working class (factory owners, street traders) - 4.0%
Peasants - 82.0%

Just 11% of the population could read, compared to 84% in England and 78% in France.

I've a whole booklet on this stuff.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Quote by Dinkydaisy
I've covered it a wee bit in my unit on the Bolshevik revolution, I'll try to remember some things.

Social structure:
Ruling class (royal family and government) - 0.5%
Upper class (nobles, church leaders etc) - 12.0%
Commercial class (bankers, merchants etc) - 1.5%
Working class (factory owners, street traders) - 4.0%
Peasants - 82.0%

Just 11% of the population could read, compared to 84% in England and 78% in France.

I've a whole booklet on this stuff.

can this be found on a website, or with that information you go, is there a source???
the outcome of world war one.

it hadn't even finished by the time of the revolution

an excellent point, Lenin went to great lengths to change this after the revolution

also the Bolsheviks had some good deas, unlike those foolish Mensheviks who didn't want to include the peasants in the revolution, and accepted the interim government!
oh i hate those mencheviks