Oi pit-dwellers
I'm having a go at writing my own lyrics for one of my songs and i need some inspiration. Before you start posting "wrong thread" I'm posting this here because there's usually about two people in the Lyrics section.

The song is rather agressive and upfront, and i wanted it to preferably be about a war against something (its just that kind of song). However I wanna stay clear of the generic wars (eg corporate America, drugs, etc)

Ideas?
Quote by Shylock
Well, If I woke up a girl, I would immediantly proceed to achieving an orgaism.

because they are superior to ours.

I AM HERE TO RIDE BIKE!!!
If there aren't any more people in that forum, chances are these are the only people actually willing to give you good advice here.
“If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?”
- Scott Adams

No they don't, and UG is proof...
war against the people who are in charge (check out give up the grudge - gob)
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
How about the war between Henry Rollins/Black Flag and his stupid punk rock fans, who think moshing is cool?
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
When my band writes lyrics, we raise awareness to problems and world issues like the degradation of society and the lack of human potential, but we do not complain, rather suggest that something should be done.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
Our entire lives are a war man. For instance, I'm fighting a war right now, but I guess it's a bit too "Generic" for ya. Did you ever hear the House of the Rising Sun? It's about a man's battle with booze and it's effect on his offspring... sadly, in the end, the man succumbs once again to the old "Ball and chain", leaving his son behind fatherless.

It's one of the greatest songs of all time about a generic war.

But most of all man, you gotta write about a war that YOU are fighting otherwise the song won't be genuine. Every time I listen to house of the rising sun, I can feel the emotion. And when I play it myself, I also feel the emotion. Because my father walked out on me to score a 12 pack and never came back... now, years later, drugs and booze terrorify my own life. But I stand strong with my guitar, trying to push away all the chaos this world brings...

Life wasn't meant to be a party. It's meant to be a lesson. Write about that.
The times they are a changin'.....
Quote by Matty_V
Oi pit-dwellers
I'm having a go at writing my own lyrics for one of my songs and i need some inspiration. Before you start posting "wrong thread" I'm posting this here because there's usually about two people in the Lyrics section.

The song is rather agressive and upfront, and i wanted it to preferably be about a war against something (its just that kind of song). However I wanna stay clear of the generic wars (eg corporate America, drugs, etc)

Ideas?

Personal jihad? Yeah, inner wars are always interesting. Or maybe war against doubt.
Be like Bob Dylan.

Write about all the problems in the world in a confusing manner but give no real solution.
Quote by Vagabond21
Be like Bob Dylan.

Write about all the problems in the world in a confusing manner but give no real solution.

... That's Dr. Phil.
watch the episode of the mighty boosh with old greg in it...

its enough inspiration for a whole album....