Hi, i am looking for a good value electric guitar for primarily heavy metal stuff but versatility would be a bonus.

I want something with these specs:

Mahogany or basswood body
25 or 25.5 scale neck
2 humbuckers
fixed bridge/stop tail
fast or fastish neck
stock pickups not really important as i will upgrade as necessary.

I want something that represents good value and that will last me quite a bit until i can afford something else.

My budget is £350 maximum but i deally around the £250 mark would be more suitable at this time.

thanks
Definitely keep a les paul in consideration. If you don't want a Gibson/Epiphone, ESP and Ltd make some excellent LP copies that would be especially suited to metal.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Washburn X50PRO. But you might not like the design.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Sounds like you're calling for the Ibanez RG321. It has all you asked for and is even a tad cheaper than 250 pounds, so you'll have enough cash to upgrade the pups.

http://www.thomann.de/gb/ibanez_rg321mhrb.htm

If you want to spend more though, look at this:

http://www.thomann.de/gb/ibanez_sz320exbk.htm

It has a thicker body and neck than the RG, it feels and sounds somewhat like a Les Paul.
Quote by stradivari310
Definitely keep a les paul in consideration. If you don't want a Gibson/Epiphone, ESP and Ltd make some excellent LP copies that would be especially suited to metal.

I definitely prefer longer scale necks. I find them more comfortable to play which probably has something to do with my body measurements but also i have trouble getting the string tension how i like it. i like 10-46 on a strat scale but the same gauge on a les paul feels too loose and 11-48s on a les paul just don't feel the same as 10-46 on a strat scale.
check out an ibanez RG
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
Quote by timi_hendrix
Washburn X-50 Pro gets my vote. Really good value.

The buzz feiten thing is a massive turn off for me. ive had it before,
Quote by stradivari310

You wont find ANYTHING good by ESP or LTD for 350
I speak as someone who as an X50proFE get it nuff said. It is a ridiculous value. I like it better than my ESP horizon I had before I sold it. It is ridiculous!