Ok so my boss GT6 lithium battery for user settings had run low and I opened the sucker up and changed it myself. There our no Boss service centers near me.

I put it all back together and discovered I had lost all the user settings, most of which were still the ones that were on there when I bought the thing which are copies of the presets. The Preset section and patches are all still on there but now in the user section the parameters all behave oddly and the letters of the names of each patch are all scrambled and no guitar like sounds can be heard from them.

I seem to still beable to edit a save things in the user section and write over the scrambled messes that are there but whilst editing as I said before the parameters behave strangely and don't seem as effective.

Is this pedal a goner? Can a factory restore be initialized? Does anyone have any idea?

I've opened countless pedals before, digital and analogue, fiddled and tinkered and fixed, and never have done anything bad to them. I can't believe a boss product would die so easily?
NEW WAVE OF BRITSH HEAVY METAL!!!!
Have you tried resetting the pedal? Usually after such procedure a good reset is a must
Guitars:

Ibanez SZ320
Ibanez RG450
Ibanez SC620
Bc Rich Warlock 7 String
ESP LTD SC-607

FX:

Digitech Whammy 4
Line 6 PodXT Live

Amp:

Line 6 Flextone 2
While holding down PREAMP/SPEAKER On/Off
button and [TYPE VARIATION], turn on the power.
Ok people not at home right now but I'm gonna try that reset procedure, so longs I can reset the mutha I wont mind.

The manual said I couldn't do such a thing so I was totally mad!

I'll get back on this one.

My Local shops are crap, I live in Belfast and no one knows how to service anything here so this is why I fix stuff myself. If the shops do try to fix stuff the often don't fix well and charge the earth for it.

more later
Ok I factory restored it and it's back to normal, seems it's not broke after all. Cheers people for all the help now I've to try figure out how to get my sound again!!