Now, here is the story...

The other day I was in my guitar teacher's shop, and I spotted a Classic 30, so I turned up the pre-amp gain all the way, and set the volume around 3ish... and the thing SCREAMED. I mean, It was HEAVY like, almost br00tal. Would this have anything to do with the fact that the speaker was changed to a Vintage 30?
yes. And also it is pretty decent for metal. Very good for jazz and blues. Get it.
i got peavey classic 30, it isnt bad for metal, you just gotta pump it up with a distortion pedal.
I use boss BD2 blues driver.
Quote by Highwaytohell
Would this have anything to do with the fact that the speaker was changed to a Vintage 30?

I would imagine that has a lot to do with it. The stock speaker leaves something to be desired, the V30 is a solid metal speaker.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
It could be because of the speaker.
To be completely honest, I don't mind my C50's stock speakers (blue marvels). But, the Vintage 30 probably helps out the br00talness.
But, they are incredibly versatile amps with a great range of tones.
It's one of those amps which you'll be happy with no matter what you play (except death metal).
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
I think I might actually grab one... I need a transition amp before I get the splawn. I think I'll put in that V30 and some JJs and that thing should really detonate...
^Yeah. The classic series loves JJ's too.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator