I'm buying a tube amp and would really like to hear your opinions on this one. play mostly alternative,blues,indie and some classic rock occasionally.
I was seriously thinking of buying a new VOX AC15 CC1x(with the Blue speakers) but I saw an offer for an 2001 Fender Blues Junior Tweed made in USA(they dont make these ones anymore and the todays Mexican Juniors are considered to be inferior).The price is about the same for both...It seems the Fender has some vintage value as well..
Anyway I need to answer the guy with the Fender soon enough so I thought some extra opinions wouldn't be bad..
Thanks in advance
Oh, ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye
tbh they are both good amps
try both and see which you prefer personally
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
Neither. I don't think the dressed up BJ or the AC15CC1x are worth the extra money they cost over their base models. An AC30CC2 costs just a little more than the 15x, but is vastly superior, IMHO. And something like the base Fender Deluxe Reverb or Vibrolux RI blows away the fancy BJ.

I don't really know what's available by you to make any other suggestions. Sorry.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by slatsmania
Neither. I don't think the dressed up BJ or the AC15CC1x are worth the extra money they cost over their base models. An AC30CC2 costs just a little more than the 15x, but is vastly superior, IMHO. And something like the base Fender Deluxe Reverb or Vibrolux RI blows away the fancy BJ.

I don't really know what's available by you to make any other suggestions. Sorry.

IMHO the Celestion Blue speakers are neccesary for the classic VOX tone...The Ac30 is too loud for my needs as well..However the Deluxe Reverb would be a very interesting amp as well..
Oh, ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye
The difference in volume between the 15 and 30 will be negligable, and the 30 will get you that little bit more headroom, which I prefer though I know its all subjective this tone lark. Have you tried an AC30 without the celestion Blues? You'll be pleasently surprised.
Quote by TehJermie
you can get that toneblaster stack at the cost of your dignity.

Quote by silhouettica
fine, screw the cheese sandwich if you must...

I would say check the local used sites, find yourself a Twin Reverb, Deluxe Reverb, Vibrolux etc. They are much better than the Blues Jr/HRD line and you will be happier a lot longer with them IMO. Not sure what options you have in Greece tho. Great job with the Persians BTW!
the AC30 has the switch in the back to change the wattage to 22 I believe. so it wouldnt be soo loud, and even at 30 watts, you can always lower the volume, you dont have to have the volume up. and last but not least, you dont need those speakers, if it makes you feel better then go ahead and buy the ac15x...but the ac30 is better...
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
Quote by fifer
and last but not least, you dont need those speakers, if it makes you feel better then go ahead and buy the ac15x...but the ac30 is better...

The AC30 is just a higher quality amp. Lots more features, and I suspect the tube rectifier makes a huge difference. If you're after "Vox tone," the AC15CC is not the place to look, IMHO.

I get the Celestion Blue thing, and have one in a vintage Airline amp that just simply sounds awesome. But I have an AC30CC1 that sounded real nice with the stock Neodog, and sounds even better with the Eminence Red Fang (a 30W Blue clone) that I have in there now. The Blues are great, but have become overpriced as a result of that well deserved reputation, IMHO. I've run my Vox thru a 2x10 Tone Tubby cab, too, which sounds amazing (the set-up Peter Buck from R.E.M. uses).

The Deluxe Reverb has a much different sound than the Vox, but it's a great amp in it's own right. The tube driven reverb and tremolo blow away the effects on the Vox. Despite it's 22W, it's not as loud as most 15W amps. Could be the 12AT7's it runs on the pre-amp, or it could just be a quiet amp. Awesome tone, though.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.