Me and a friend had a argument about the up coming dream theater concert. I want to get there early so I can get a good spot. The venue isn't that big and I'm pretty sure its going to be hard to push your way through at this concert, but my friend doesn't believe me...

So would you people agree that getting there early is a good idea.
When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all
Yes. Very early. Camp outside for a week, that's how early you'll need to be.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Maybe like 2 hours before the show...

edit: before doors open*
"In peaceful sedation I lay half awake, and all of the panic inside starts to fade. Hopelessly drifting, bathing in
Leave early without him, and laugh at him when he's stuck in the back of the venue.

We're all in the gutter, but I'm looking at the rats.
Yes thats where I am now... I'm attucallly camping for a month... Thank god for global satlite wireless connection.
When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all
If the show is any time this side of August, you really need to have left already.
With any other band i'd agree with you but with Dream Theater i prefer to just stand in back and enjoy the show, absorb the music.
Meh... in seriousness I went to see DT earlier this year and managed to get most of the way to the front despite arriving quite late
Your friend's an idiot if he thinks people are just going to let him shove his way through to the front.

An idiot.
Quote by soulflyV
Of course.

Your friend sounds like he's just going there for the beer and the bitches.
he will need the beer if he is looking for hot girls at a dream theater show
The Elephant asked the Camel , oh why is your breast on your back Camel? To which the Camel replied, Why that is a strange question from someone with their dick on their face!
Quote by Archaon
Your friend's an idiot if he thinks people are just going to let him shove his way through to the front.

An idiot.

It's not like you have to be let to the front of a show. All you need to do is lean heavily at the right moments...
Depends on your size. If you are <180 cm and <160 lbs (like me) you'll just get pushed out of the way, and then you'll have waited all that time for nothing.
Gear as 2015:
Ibanez PGM401
Music Man JP6 (for sale)
Music Man Axis (for sale)
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Ibanez EW Acoustic Steel string
Crappy Cort Acoustic 12-string
NI Rig Kontrol 3 & Guitar Rig 5
where is the concert,cuz i just checked for ticket at Clearwater,Fl, and there were alot of seats left
Quote by OzarkMDaredevil
Shit, this is pure win. You can have my interwebz, I was saving them for a rainy day.

^about my halloween costume
Quote by steee21
a sport

Quote by hriday_hazarika
Oh, so it's sorta like real-life gaming, then?
Drive a car off the top of a building next to the venue so that it crashes through the roof in front of the stage.

That's how I do it.
Schecter Loomis
LTD Horizon
Ibanez RGA121
Marshall DSL100
Peavey 5150

Quote by emagdnimasisiht
haha
This is the funniest thing i've ever read on UG.
lespaulrocks39, you sir are awesome.