So, it is graduation time and I anticipate plenty of money and I have my own job that pays very well and I think I want a new amp. I really like the Fender Twin Reverb, but what concerns me is that it only seems to play clean sounds. All the youtube videos and reviews i have seen basically show it only playing cleans. I am going for a bluesy, clean, and white stripes amp. Not horribly versatile but I want it to do these sounds very well. I have also checked out the Vox AC30, and it looks promising. I would like the Fender if I found out it was capable to achieve the sounds I was after without pushing it to extreme sounds that would attract the cops to my house. So I am just looking for some peoples opinions about these two amps and how they compare to each other.
Setup
Shecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S2170 Prestige
Crate GT120
Ibanez Tube Screamer
Dunlop Cry Baby Original

Quote by GOD*OF*ROCK

And i was all like, no dude show me your DICK
IMO nothing does bluesy distortion like a cranked twin, I always thought of the Vox as a rock amp with really good cleans. Spend a lot of time with both.

I would get the Fender and an attenuator. plus maybe a tube screamer.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Lumpelope
So, it is graduation time and I anticipate plenty of money and I have my own job that pays very well and I think I want a new amp. I really like the Fender Twin Reverb, but what concerns me is that it only seems to play clean sounds. All the youtube videos and reviews i have seen basically show it only playing cleans. I am going for a bluesy, clean, and white stripes amp. Not horribly versatile but I want it to do these sounds very well. I have also checked out the Vox AC30, and it looks promising. I would like the Fender if I found out it was capable to achieve the sounds I was after without pushing it to extreme sounds that would attract the cops to my house. So I am just looking for some peoples opinions about these two amps and how they compare to each other.

get the twin and nice distortion pedal. boss bd-2 (keeley modded) for example. should do the trick for you
Guitars:

Fender Mexican HSS Strat (Sunburst, Maple Neck)
- /w custom handwound John Mayer pickups - thx cord!

Amp:
Hughes & Kettner Matrix 100 Combo (practice amp)
Fender '73 Twin Reverb (main amp)

boss bd-2 (keeley modded)
Quote by Lumpelope
I am going for a bluesy, clean, and white stripes amp. Not horribly versatile but I want it to do these sounds very well. I have also checked out the Vox AC30, and it looks promising. I would like the Fender if I found out it was capable to achieve the sounds I was after without pushing it to extreme sounds that would attract the cops to my house.

Two very different amps, man. Great, but different. It's tough to get the Twin to overdrive without damaging your neighbor's hearing, but the cleans are to die for. The cleans on the Vox are, well, dirtier. Although a lot fo people prefer that, and use the Vox for their cleans specifically. The crunch is what the AC30 is all about, ASAIC.

If I were having a difficult time deciding between these two amps, I might be inclined to split the difference and go for a Fender Bassman. It sits between the Twin and AC30 both tonally and power-wise. If you're really into the onboard effects (completely understandable), then maybe a Super Reverb would be in order. Definitely go Fender if the affects are important to you. The tube driven reverb and tremolo on the Fenders is just much nicer than the mosfet effects on the AC30.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.