How good is this for blues, mainly clapton, john mayall and the bluesbreakers like tones? not exact, but im a new guitarist, i won't be able to tell the difference between close and exact. anyways, I have a fender super champ xd, i am looking for something a little more simple, i can barely tell the difference between some of the settings, and the palomino is $100 cheaper, so that leaves room for pedals and accessories i need to buy. i have a fender mim hss strat.
also, if there is another better amp to get better tones, i am open to suggestions. would be nice if it were cheaper though. i know i can't expect to sound like clapton, since i suck and since my budget is so low, but i am talkign about best for the money
If you want clapton, look into a blackheart little giant.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
would you say that is better than the fender super champ? it isn't much cheaper (actually it isn't at all since i got my super champ for 300 total) so its not like i would feel better about spending less money. yes, i am cheap, but once again, i know i get what i pay for.
Well, the fender super champ is definitely more versatile (being a modeler and all), but the Blackheart Little Giant will do Clapton better.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
it turns out that versatility is not what i want, i can get enough of that just by choosing humbucker or single coils on my strat. i dont like all of the settings, the simpler the amp, the better. would the blackheart be better you thank than the epi vj and a couple of pedals?
The blackheart is a very british amp, which is great at getting old clapton tones.
It'd do fewer tones than the Super Champ, but it'll get better tones.
The Little Giant also has the advantage of a 12" speaker, which sounds quite alot better than the 6 and 8 inch speakers in comparable 5 watt combos.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
yeah, i really want fewer tones. i dont think my guitar center has blackhearts though. any other good choices?
i only got a chance to play it for a couple of minutes. i enjoyed it while i was playing, but i didn't have time to mess around with it.
You might want an od too but yeah, the vj is good. You probably will like the blackheart best, due to it's eq and 12'' speaker.
You wouldn't really need them. You would be alright for eq and it wouldn't be too hard to crank it, especially on the 3w setting.
Try the Palomino V8, Blackheart, and Valve Junior all at the same time. They'll all do what you want, but it'll come down to preferance. With the Blackheart and VJ, I'd lean towards the combo versions.
Yeah, i'd go combo.
And, don't worry about spending a bit more on an amp.
It's cheap to buy a decent OD nowadays anyways (referring to bad monkey).
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator