So I finally have enough money to buy a "real" guitar. I will not tell you what I'm playing now, its sad, but no more. I can afford a good guitar. I have always liked the look of a Jackson Soloist body. I want to stay with that basic "strat" body. What's a good guitar for around $1,200. I play mostly punk, hard rock, and some metal when the mood hits me. I'm open to any ideas. I've been considering Ibanez, Jackson, ESP (not sure I can afford a good one still), and maybe Schecter. Fire away!
Other than the styles that you like to play, is there anything specific you're looking for in a guitar?

Pickups? Thick or thin neck? Tremolo or fixed bridge? Candy apple red or baby poo green?
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
so no Fender or Gibson, then. Good luck finding one though, sorry I can't recommend anything 'coz I'm only have Fender and Gibson knowledge.
Your dreams are all out of focus;
Knock you up when you're feeling down.
And all the world feels so unreal...

COLORFUL COLORS
Quote by ishmonkey
Hitler was really smart and could have been a good leader but he was kind of a douche to the Jews.
Quote by Exodus04
Well I've just picked up a Schecter c-1 Hellraiser and couldn't be happier Go try one and see what you think. I love how they feel plus this guitar is very versatile because the new 08 models come with 2 EMG humbuckers with coil taps so you can use it for pretty much whatever you want.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-C1-Hellraiser-Electric-Guitar?sku=518451

That's the ticket. That's exactly what I want. I fell in love with the White Hellraiser C-1 with the FR. How are Schecters? The seem quite decked out for the money. Should I be suspicious? 85/81 EMG's and an FR on a $700 guitar?? That's unheard of. Tell me I'm safe on this purchase and I'm pulling the trigger.
wow....with that much dough, try the Schecter Avenger. my lead has one and its a fast playing one too. its good for hard rock and metal, but im not too sure about punk,.
Quote by Exodus04
Well I've just picked up a Schecter c-1 Hellraiser and couldn't be happier Go try one and see what you think. I love how they feel plus this guitar is very versatile because the new 08 models come with 2 EMG humbuckers with coil taps so you can use it for pretty much whatever you want.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-C1-Hellraiser-Electric-Guitar?sku=518451

Possibly one of the nicest guitars out there. I'm so going to be saving up my pennies as well, that beast is my next guitar.

Listen to this guy and get one they are beautiful!

And your deffinately safe with Schecter's Mr. TS!
Professional Mixing available at request.

Everton FC
id check out a ibanez s series you could get a prestiege with that mach with is the best one i dont like jacksons as much my friend has 3 of them i just dont like them esp is a great company as well im not shure about schectur tho but i have 2 ibanez s series cus they are amazing guitars
I'm going Schecter. Seems like a really nice axe. Plus I'll have money left over for an amp. Dang, this is gonna be a good day. My local guitar center has one in stock too.
Thanks for the quick responses. You guys don't mess around!
Quote by Pro-Pain
I'm going Schecter. Seems like a really nice axe. Plus I'll have money left over for an amp. Dang, this is gonna be a good day. My local guitar center has one in stock too.
Thanks for the quick responses. You guys don't mess around!

I suggest playing a lot of different guitars... but whatever dude.
TS: The only thing I have noticed so far at all with the Hellraiser is that the fretboard has kind of a grainy wood top to it, so it's not perfectly smooth. I find sometimes if my nails are too long I'll catch a little on the wood. I hope I never chip the wood that way =( But i love the guitar and wouldn't trade it, but i'm still a noob, but there are plenty of others who will tell you about them
The biggest question everyone's neglected to ask is: What Amp are you using TS? The Amp is going to affect your sound more than the guitar.
Quote by Wakisazhi
The biggest question everyone's neglected to ask is: What Amp are you using TS? The Amp is going to affect your sound more than the guitar.

+1 for sure on that one. But he only asked about guitar, not amp
Well, I skipped Guitar Center and went to a local Mom and Pop shop. Low and behold they have a beautiful Hellraiser C-1 FR hanging on the wall. It's last years model but new. I asked him about it and he said he'd sell it for $575. Needless to say it's on a stand next to me right now. It plays totally awesome (guitar was already set up). I think I got a good deal, or at least, I'm happy. Thanks for your help everyone.
Quote by Exodus04
+1 for sure on that one. But he only asked about guitar, not amp

True but a good guitar going through a **** amp is still going to sound awful. He said was willing to spend 1200 and that Hellraiser cost him 575 so he'd have plenty to get a good amp for the new guitar.
I know. I need a good amp. I'm gonna start working on that issue tomorrow. I was looking @ this Randall they had there it was an RG50TC I believe. Had a great sound to it (lead channel anyway, that was all I heard) but this is a post for another forum. Thanks again everyone.