First i wanna say that i dont know if this is the right place to post this.
The Main question is what i need to do recordings?

Please help me i wanna do some cool songs

Thank you
No it's not the right place. Riffs and Recordings is what u need
Professional Mixing available at request.

Everton FC
Quote by tiagomanuelluz
First i wanna say that i dont know if this is the right place to post this.
The Main question is what i need to do recordings?

Please help me i wanna do some cool songs

Thank you

Now you're in the right place, what instruments you want to record, and what budget do you have?
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
i haven't slept in days so i hope this helps...

if you're gonna record analogue, all you need is a tape recorder and a microphone. a tape as well actually
i love recording on tape so much, i swear it's like a perversion for me.

if you're gonna go digital (doing it on a computer), read on...

for everything you'll need an interface. this will connect to your computer on one end, usually by USB (firewire is better if you can afford it though. your computer must have a firewire port for firewire though. ask a friend if you're unsure.) on the other end, this little box called and interface will connect up to whatever you want via its inputs. the most common is 6.35(?)mm jack (1/4 inch jack), which is guitar cable basically. you can plug microphones, guitars, bass and amplifiers in to this
a computer helps as well
this computer will also need to run recording software to record from your interface

Drums: for drums, there are a few options. you will need to mic up the drums, ie connect microphones to them. if you're cheap, and don't mind a crap recording, you can use 1 microphone. if you're not so cheap, 3 microphones: 1 for the cymbals, 1 for the bass drum and 1 for the snare/tom tom/hi hat. i'm not actually a drummer. a better idea would probably be to put 1 in front of the bass drum, 1 between the snare and crash (or is it ride) and 1 between the tom toms and the other cymbal. you can get special microphones and microphone sets for this.

Guitars: you have 2 options for this, skip this bit if you want to record acoustic though. the options: DI (direct injection) and going through an amp. DI is when you plug your guitar directly in to your interface. going through your amp however has advantages, such as tone. especially if you have a valve amp. this will probably make it sound better, put basically. this is for bass as well.

Acoustic Guitar: you need a microphone. 2 if you're not on a tight budget. this is to properly capture the dynamics and range of your acoustic, and should sound better. i'm cheap though, so 1 for me

Vocals: for this you just need a mic. simple. you plug your microphone in to your interface and have fun. or feel sad. whatever you sing basically.

i'm too tired to explain recording software but i hope this helped

and hey there Fast_Fingers, i can feel the love indeed. and if you come within about 5 yards of me you'll feel it too :p
Last edited by keiron_d at May 15, 2008,
Quote by hexapus
TonePort UX2 is a really good place to start. USB interface, and has tones galore built in...for bass, guitar, and vocals...it's a really good little all-in-one box.

I like the think theres much better interfaces out there for $200 such as the Onyx Satellite...and Emu 0404,
The toneports like the GX and UX1 work well for low budget studios at home but being USB 1.1 connection they are old technology and as I said, theres better out there for the price range.

TS read the stickies and such and then let us know what you need to record...
you need a computer, a free program called audacity, a mic, and an amp. thats what i use and it sounds pretty good to me.

purevolume.com/westlentz

the songs swedish meatballs and metal riff were recorded like that. im also about to upload another one called harmony solo
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
lol, forgot about the software. audacity is good, but i have a mac so it's garageband for me (until i can [strike]steal[/strike] obtain a copy of Logic 8.
"DI (direct injection)"

That made me laugh. I just envisioned a 1/4 cable gouging someones flesh.
I have always heard Direct Input, but I see no reason why injection isn't just as applicable.
Taylor 410-CE
Fender Strat Mex Standard
Digitech GNX-3
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
You may have converted me to injection as well. I've always loved needles...
Taylor 410-CE
Fender Strat Mex Standard
Digitech GNX-3
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
going straight into an amp isnt DI, going from guitar>di box> to mixer is DI.
Quote by evening_crow
As far as i know the only liquor that should not be stored after opened is wine, and even then it's mainly the french one. American wine usually has conservatives in it to stop this.
Direct Injection keep reminding me of automobile technology. That said, the DI box is valuable to save your playing so that you can experiment or perfect the guitar tone.
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
yeah, i had been up for like days when i wrote that. glad someone corrected me.

and i was told Direct Injection by a guy... who fancied me... but he was weird... so...
Quote by keiron_d
yeah, i had been up for like days when i wrote that. glad someone corrected me.

and i was told Direct Injection by a guy... who fancied me... but he was weird... so...

The possibilities for innuendos are endless!