Can you connect a laptop to a computer wirelessly.. If the computer is connect to a router via ethernet ?

cheers
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
fill it with used condoms and a note that says

"Last night was amazing. I love you.

-Kurt"
Quote by saphrax
Yup

thanks that was so insightful

any more info ?
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
fill it with used condoms and a note that says

"Last night was amazing. I love you.

-Kurt"
If two computers are connected to the same network, and one of them has a designated network drive that has been made available over the network, then that drive can be accessed by others on the network.
Quote by blue_strat
If two computers are connected to the same network, and one of them has a designated network drive that has been made available over the network, then that drive can be accessed by others on the network.

you dont even need a network drive, providing they are indeed using the same router.
Quote by Td_Nights
*Points to Above Poster*

Best. Username. Ever.

Quote by _-Joey-_
I wish I was gay...

PSN- td_rules Steam- tdrules
Yeah really all you need is a router and a network thats set up for it.

AFAIK
We're only strays.
Quote by tdrules
you dont even need a network drive, providing they are indeed using the same router.

Yeah, you don't need an external hard drive or anything, but you do have to make a folder or drive available for others to access over the network, otherwise people could hop onto their neighbours' wi-fi and access their files.
Quote by blue_strat
Yeah, you don't need an external hard drive or anything, but you do have to make a folder or drive available for others to access over the network, otherwise people could hop onto their neighbours' wi-fi and access their files.

No, that's what WPA and WEP are for.

You can access any drive on any PC as long as your are in the same workgroup/domain, and have the folder permissions, by entering the UNC of the drive you wish to access.

EG. \\COMPUTER1\C$

Note that in a UNC, the "$" symbol replaces the ":" you would normally see after a drive letter.