Hi, I would like to buy a good multi-effect pedal for guitar with several effects (wah, distortion, chorus, ...). I'm looking for something good but not too much expensive, and I play mostly metal.

P.S.: is better to have one multi-effect or several single effect pedals?
it is better to have single effect pedals, but that is if you have the money.
for instance me, i use only delay, chorus, flanger, wah. easier to buy pedals in my case i suppose.
I love my Korg ax3000g, but if someone offered me a gt-8/10 for free I would use that instead.
multi-effects are more convenient, but i wouldnt know if having several pedals or one board would make ur sound better (crisp and clear sound) or worse (muddy).

if you were gonna buy something expensive thats good. get the Boss GT-10 499$
or
for cheaper price
Digitech RP250 i think its 149$
check out the digitech stuff i cant remember how much each processor is
if your new to effects then a multi-effects pedal is a good starting point as you can experience loads of different effects for a cheap price but single effects are better quality
this is a pretty good deal IMO
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/67998
Gear
Epiphone Les Paul Special 2
ESP EX-400
Roland Cube-15
Bugera 6260 head
Home made 2x12 loaded with celestion G12t-100s

OPETH FTW
Really it depends on how you intend to use it. If I play through my amp I dont really use anything, I like the way the amp sounds. If I play through a mixer or house pa I use my digital processor. Which is better for you?? Go to your local guitar emporium and plug in some pedals.

On the same but different note, I have a digitech gnx3 ($200 used off the bay) it has recording capabilities so I can record some rhythm track and practice over them and it also has drum tracks built in. I also use it at night when I practice becasue I can play through headphones and still get a great tone. That is some of the pros, now for the big con..... If youlike to fiddle with things the multi effect can be a huge distraction. playing with all the tones and creating your own can cut into practice time.
Gear;
Ibanez AF75
Takamine EG550
Digitech gnx3
Peavey Classic 50
Have rp250 for sale.75 shipped to U.S.
gear:
gibson 1995 Les paul studio
Dean Shards Razorback
Boss Metal Zone-FOR SALE
crybaby-FOR SALE
digidelay
I agree with extreme's point that single effect pedals are more desirable. However, if you use alot of effects (or like to try many different things) multieffect processors are the bargain way to go.

Pedals are normally preffered for two main reasons: 1) offer user more flexibility in terms of brand/style of pedal. With ME's, you are stuck with one maker (who may be great with distortion, but not so good with say - reverb.) 2) If your ME processor dies - so do ALL your effects. Loosing a single effect, is alot better than the whole board.

Multieffects are good for reasons of portability; possibly less signal degrade (less wires = less resistance); sound quality is generally very good; and cost.

Quote by xtreme2ya
it is better to have single effect pedals, but that is if you have the money.
for instance me, i use only delay, chorus, flanger, wah. easier to buy pedals in my case i suppose.