Some Notes:

Drums are all programmed, they are not particularly good but since I am not a drummer, this is not a concern.

The song does not ascribe to any particular style of folk instead I went for what I like to call "peasant folk" i.e. simple melodies with minimal legato.

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6538678

Thank you for all the comments!
Last edited by ixelion at May 19, 2008,
The drums and melody is good. The rhythm playing is a bit untight at times, but overall fine.
The melodious leads are good, but I think some of them should be played on violin or flute, for better feeling.. Your riffs are pretty good, but the sound could be a little less 'flat'. Sometimes there is too little energy.

Overall good, but could easily be even better
Not the tightest recording I've heard. I like the swing phrasing in you melody guitar. But being honest (perhaps brutally honest), the best thing about this is the programmed drums. It sounds like you need to practice this... alot.

Here's my stuff if you wanna listen.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=853253
Not the tightest recording I've heard. I like the swing phrasing in you melody guitar. But being honest (perhaps brutally honest), the best thing about this is the programmed drums. It sounds like you need to practice this... alot.

Thank you for your comment, by no means is this suppose to be polished recording at best a rough demo of ideas.
Last edited by ixelion at May 12, 2008,
As has already been said, it does need polish, but that's hardly a big concern if this is just a concept demo. It's good stuff, just needs tighter timing.
That was very good, reminded me a lot of ensiferum/amon amarth, i dont know if that was what you were going for, but i think you should tighten up the lead, and perhaps make the drums more interesting, maybe add some double bass, some toms
Hey, thanks for critting my stuff.

I've just listened your song and I think it's a good song!
I listen to folk metal from time to time and this also reminded me of bands like Ensiferum.
But, as already been said, you need to practice on your rythm guitar because it was not really tight sometimes.
But I really like the lead, good song overall!