Ok so apparently whenever I talk I talk in a monotone. I dunno how to fix this because I don't realize it. I always thought I sounded energetic. Apparently not. I don't feel bored, but apparently when I speak I sound bored. Any tips on things I can do to make my voice less boring.

I know this is kind of a stupid thread because a lot of you are just gonna say put more emotion into your voice, but there have got to be some tips since I've seen tips for stuff even stupider than this.
The first question I ask myself when something doesn't seem to be beautiful is why do I think it's not beautiful. And very shortly you discover that there is no reason.-John Cage
Become Stephen Wright
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
scream cuss words
Quote by Survivalism
The Dual Rectifier is my sexy finishing move.

Quote by Survivalism
Nobody knows the words to Evenflow, they all just go "bramamamamamamamamaamamamabooowwllofcornflakes"
Quote by Delanoir
Learn how to sing.

yeah that does help, so does purposely speaking in an exaggerated manner, or at least what sounds exaggerated to you, just make sure you don't go too over the top or you will sound like a complete tool.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by 12Jim34
Try talking in a monotone voice and see what happens.

Haha one time I tried that and people asked if I was a robot.

Maybe it's lack of sleep. Today I got up, went to the pencil sharpener...and after three minutes of sharpening my pencil...realized that it was a pen that I had put in the pencil sharpener.
The first question I ask myself when something doesn't seem to be beautiful is why do I think it's not beautiful. And very shortly you discover that there is no reason.-John Cage
Eh, I know someone who always talks in monotone and it just gives them more character.
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
I have a friend who has the same thing, but we think its hilarious, its sort of what makes him... him. Its part of you, don't change.

But on a serious note talk constantly in a cockney accent. Will work like a charm guv'nor.

D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

The only reason it exists is because drugs get people fucked up, and people love getting fucked up.

Christopher Lee: Emulate him.

or

Samuel L Jackson: Emulate him... MOTHERF*CKER!
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
Don't talk.

Get a mask, a bucket, and a killswitch.

You'll know what to do.

DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
THEY DON'T LIKE IT UP 'EM!
Quote by notsojoeyb4eva
I have a friend who has the same thing, but we think its hilarious, its sort of what makes him... him. Its part of you, don't change.

But on a serious note talk constantly in a cockney accent. Will work like a charm guv'nor.

The reason I want to change is because everyone thinks that I hate my life and that's why I speak like I do. Meanwhile I'm one of the happiest people. It just contradicts my personality so much.
Quote by StrokeMidnight

Maybe it's lack of sleep. Today I got up, went to the pencil sharpener...and after three minutes of sharpening my pencil...realized that it was a pen that I had put in the pencil sharpener.

Is that your normal wake up-ritual?
Gear:

Gibson Les Paul Vixen
Ibanez RG7321
Cort G210
Epiphone Les Paul 1956 Goldtop
Laboga Mr. Hector
Randall 4x12
Boss MT 2
Boss BD 2
Boss DD3
Korg Pitchblack
Quote by zerodeck
Is that your normal wake up-ritual?

I actually laughed out loud at that. That's the first time I have ever on this site. I'm still laughing. I meant that I was doing some work and then suddenly I said oh I have to go sharpen my pencil, but I was using a pen...
Speak through a vocoder that's constantly playing the melody from "a whole new world".
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by StrokeMidnight

Pics or it didnt happen

I have the same problem to be honest. Apparently I sound less monotonous when I'm less stressed, maybe that's something to do with it?
Quote by Andron17
Go away, I have an erection.

Bassist for Half My Kingdom.
Quote by StrokeMidnight
The reason I want to change is because everyone thinks that I hate my life and that's why I speak like I do. Meanwhile I'm one of the happiest people. It just contradicts my personality so much.

Well then its the cockney accent isn't it?

D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

The only reason it exists is because drugs get people fucked up, and people love getting fucked up.

All norwegians talk in monotone.
Bored2death wrote:

i agree that mcrs music is more creative. an example of this would be the part in im not okay where everything is quiet and gerard says hes okay
Try drama classes, they'll teach you how to speak loud and clear, with lots of emotion.
Jemaine from Flight of the Conchords talks in a monotone all the time and he's really cool. It's just part of your personality, don't fret if people don't like it.
I sort of have that problem, but thats because I'm not paying attention to how I speak. If I were trying to be funny or telling a story it changes.
Quote by metalist86435
All norwegians talk in monotone.

I'm not Norwegian. At all. :P Not a single part of me is Norwegian.
Quote by StrokeMidnight
Ok so apparently whenever I talk I talk in a monotone. I dunno how to fix this because I don't realize it. I always thought I sounded energetic. Apparently not. I don't feel bored, but apparently when I speak I sound bored. Any tips on things I can do to make my voice less boring.

I know this is kind of a stupid thread because a lot of you are just gonna say put more emotion into your voice, but there have got to be some tips since I've seen tips for stuff even stupider than this.

I had the same problem. Now I have a problem with sounding unintentionally sarcastic all the time.

Just intentionally put more inflection into your voice, like more pitch contrast when you're hyper, make the pitch go up a bit when asking questions, stuff like that. After a while, it will be more subconscious.
Put your testicles in a vice, it might raise you an octave or two
Follower of Zeppelinism

92% of teenagers have moved to rap, put this in your sig if you're in the 8% that still listens to real music.:stickpoke
Quote by QueenZeppelin
Put your testicles in a vice, it might raise you an octave or two

Having a high-pitched voice would actually be worse.
Quote by 12Jim34
Having a high-pitched voice would actually be worse.

Never said it would be an improvement, he just won't be monotone
Follower of Zeppelinism

92% of teenagers have moved to rap, put this in your sig if you're in the 8% that still listens to real music.:stickpoke
Quote by StrokeMidnight

I was going to make fun of you... But then I saw your sig about Miles, and realized that you must be cool.

Try talking like other people, like famous people, from movies, that will probably train your voice to talk differently. Im not really sure if the singing will help very much, because Microsoft Sam also changes tone, but he still sounds monotone.
PICTURE YOURSELF IN A BOAT ON A RIVER
WITH TANGERINE TREES AND MARMALADE SKIES...
You probably have voice immodulation. Scientists project that by the year 2015 over 300 people worldwide will be effected.
We're only strays.
Quote by 12Jim34
Try talking in a monotone voice and see what happens.

Oh shi-
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Quote by teh_Beatles
I was going to make fun of you... But then I saw your sig about Miles, and realized that you must be cool.

Try talking like other people, like famous people, from movies, that will probably train your voice to talk differently. Im not really sure if the singing will help very much, because Microsoft Sam also changes tone, but he still sounds monotone.

Yay a compliment! Sigged. Good day sir!