Well after i figured out my rock band microphone can record, albeit horribly, i started recording some stuff.

Crits and comment this jam i just recorded.

And yes, the quality is bad, the backing track you can hardly hear, and mind my sloppy playing.
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
not too bad post mordern rockish stuff going on. some of your stuff can work in a song. but more than that is hard too say. i need to hear a half way composition to really comment. but i really like the style going on in there. would love to hear a song from u.
I can imagine some massive, hour long song or even a whole album coming out of this.

Some of the licks you had goin there were great. You could some of them in some Satriani style tracks. Some nice ideas there.

Here's some of my stuff;
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=853253
Yeah, i just need to get the equipment!!

right now im running the rock band microphone straight into audacity. Not that complex, but it gets the job done for simple 1 track recordings.

My friends and i are trying to get a hold of a 4-track to record our jams/songs/ etc.
Mesa Boogie DC5
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Last edited by Teh GIR at May 12, 2008,
Quote by Guitar Monkey
I can imagine some massive, hour long song or even a whole album coming out of this.

Some of the licks you had goin there were great. You could some of them in some Satriani style tracks. Some nice ideas there.

Here's some of my stuff;
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=853253

Thanks!

I listened to Arp i little while ago, its got VERY nice quality to it, i wish i had the software to do that.

It sounds alot like Metallica, not that thats a bad thing. Nice use of some odd-time signatures too.
Mesa Boogie DC5
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Quote by Teh GIR
Yeah, i just need to get the equipment!!

right now im running the rock band microphone straight into audacity. Not that complex, but it gets the job done for simple 1 track recordings.

My band and i are trying to get a hold of a 4-track to record our jams/songs/ etc.

Just me... you won't need any of those 'multi-track recorders'. If you can tolerate recording seperatly, you can do it on audacity. If you check my stuff in my thread (the one I posted earlier), all of the tracks were recorded separatly.

In fact, all you need is a mic... which you have!

btw, I didn't think the recording was bad quality. Rather good condiering you were using a 'free mic'.
Yeah i thought it was funny, i was looking at mics to buy, noticed the microphone from rock band had a usb input, i thought what the heck and plugged in and played!
Mesa Boogie DC5
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
I just put up another track, did that in about 4 mins, so dont expect much!
Mesa Boogie DC5
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2