Okay. im hugely confused.

Been looking around at new guitars and i really like THIS but how (except the fact it only has 1xP90) is it apparently better than THIS surely it must be as it costs £50 extra...

Anyone?
Gibson, Martin, Orange, Apple.
Quote by stephen_rettie
its probabley just the pickup, a 50 pound markup for a pickup makes sense

Even look at the links? The one for 550 is the junior (one pickup) not the other way around.
Let me tell you about heartache and the loss of god
Wandering, wandering in hopeless night
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars

Out here we is stoned
Immaculate.
Quote by Highbinder
Even look at the links? The one for 550 is the junior (one pickup) not the other way around.

my bad, got confused
better woods, the fact that its a 'junior' rather then just a 'faded'. higher quality bridge/tuners, all these are possible.
the faded double cuts are nice. and like forsakn said, you can't intotate the junior. the reason the junior is 50 more is probably because they put a couple more coats of clearcoat on it
Guitars:
Custom les paul copy with sun inlay
Epiphone les paul custom with emg 81/85
Hondo 80's star shape(project)
ESP explorer (project)
Epiphone dr200s
Epiphone ej200
pedals:
mxr doubleshot distortion
amp:
Raven rg100
Why don't you get a better amp first? Your 2 Gibsons might as well be Staggs through those amps.
Quote by greggybhoy
Why don't you get a better amp first? Your 2 Gibsons might as well be Staggs through those amps.

Im buying an Orange Rocker 30 the week after next (y)

xD
Gibson, Martin, Orange, Apple.
Quote by maisey ferret
Im buying an Orange Rocker 30 the week after next (y)

xD

That's what I like to hear!

EDIT: Just to add to the debate, the necks on those two guitars are pretty different. I just sold my '57 reissue Junior, albeit an Epiphone, but I tried it against a Gibson DC special and the Epiphone neck was infinitely more playable. The Gibson neck was overly thick, like a big baseball bat and had a poor fret finish. Out of those two guitars, unless I found a good special and didn't need a neck pickup, I would take the Junior any day.
Last edited by greggybhoy at May 14, 2008,