so i have a few choices and im not sure when im even goign to get this

my gear now
Line 6 Spider 2
BOSS DS-1 Distortion (i rarely use it cause i think it sounds liek crap...do yo uthink i should?)
Dunlop Crybaby Wah Pedal
Behringer Chorus (i think thats broke but i dont care
Line 6 2 button channel selector

if you dont know about line 6 you really should comment on this hah
anyways im wondering (because the 2 button selector means confusion unless i have my channels set up like this ( A- CLEAN B-METAL C-CLEAN -DMETAL) because i only have the 2 button. im wondering if i should get the FBV Express footswitch with the 4 channel buttons so i can just click what i want and no sorting through the crap (which means i can have channels just for effect purposes). its like 100 bucks or i can go out an dbuy a 150 dollar or so effect processor from digitech or something with a bunch of effects (which mostly are already on line 6 amp). so what should i do? DBV Express or the other one? i might not even have enough for the other
Sell your amp... you could probably get $200 for it, save that $100 for the footswitch, and you'll have $300 towards a much better amp.
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Epiphone Les Paul / EMG 81 85
Fender MIM Ash Stratocaster
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator
B-52 AT-212
if u are happy with the sound on your line 6 then get the fbv express pedal. why go out and buy a multi-effects and have to worry about plugging it in and getting an extra cord if you already have most of those distortions and effects in your amp? (unless you're unhappy with the sound from the amp)

if you are going to get the digitech multi-effects then test it out on YOUR amp because it will sound different through different amps.

in addition, the digitech mutli-effects in that price range are only going to have 2 switches much like your 2 button line 6 footswitch.
Last edited by AkiraSpectrum at May 12, 2008,
Quote by AkiraSpectrum

in addition, the digitech mutli-effects in that price range are only going to have 2 switches much like your 2 button line 6 footswitch.

He's got a point... My only point was that it might be a waste for you to spend extra money in upgrading your rig when chances are you will eventually want something better.. I'm not a Line 6 'hater' like you see on these forums, but the truth is that you could apply that money to a much better amp when you decide to do so.

I would just deal with the setup you have and save the money you want to spend right now.
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Epiphone Les Paul / EMG 81 85
Fender MIM Ash Stratocaster
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator
B-52 AT-212
well either way ill be sticking with line6 for life. so may as well go with the FBV. line 6 has pretty good stuff and they also have top of the lien stuff but its expensive. either way i like line 6