I'm doing this project for school, and its about acoustics. I'm mainly focusing on guitars and basses, like how the pick ups amplify the sound and the different variations you can do to the sound (Effects pedals, Playing techniques, Etc.)

I'm asking for help on this, I'm somewhat knowledgeable in guitars (No where near what i want to be, and not enough to call myself a novice) and I'm asking for any and all to put their input on this topic.

Basically, tell me what you can do to alter the sound of a guitar, whether it be playing it w/ or w/o a pick, pedals (And what they do) and basically anything.

Help?

(Also, how would you explain "Tone"?)
Change the pickups, fretboard wood, body wood (Although that's basically changing the guitar), chambering the guitar, raising/lowering pickup/string height, that sort of stuff.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Quote by lpf21
Pythagoras

is that it?

Well, he or any other Greek Luthier of that time...

They studied strings, and how their lenght determined their sound, and which proportion to use, etc...
However, Pitagoras then got obsessed with triangles and number and stopped with guitars and got killed in the end (I think).