I just bought a pre-wired pickguard for my Squier Strat. It has only three wires that need you to wirre them. Two black ones and one red one. Can anyone help me as to where they go and how to wire them? I have a soldering kit.
One wire goes to the spring claw on your Strat, and the others go to the hot and ground tabs of your output jack.

It would help if you could tell what the loose wires are attached to.
Now it's 1984
Knock knock at your front door
It's the suede denim secret police
They have come for your un-cool niece
Quote by TonyCork

Okay, that's good.

Send the red wire to the "hot" lug of your output jack, and send one of the black wires to the "ground" lug of your jack.

Then, take the last black wire, and solder it onto the spring claw (The claw that holds the springs in the rear of your guitar).

And you should be set.
Now it's 1984
i got the spring claw part. but the hot and ground for the input jack; my two wires on my jack are grey and white? which is which.
Quote by TonyCork
i got the spring claw part. but the hot and ground for the input jack; my two wires on my jack are grey and white? which is which.

The inner part of the jack (on the very bottom) is the ground. You want to solder your black wire here. The outer jack (the one on the side) is the hot - you want to solder your red wire here.
Now it's 1984
Sorry to thread - jack, but which of the black wires should go to the jack and which to the trem? Or does it not matter?

Chris