I remember reading this somewhere... that he always/mostly stuck to 8's... wasn't sure if it was accurate.

Any other famous guitarists that stick to 8's?
idk but jimmy pages e string was that off of a banjo rather than a 9 on a guitar and his b was a 9 gauge E
8's on a Les Paul? Thats interesting... I've never heard that tid-bit of information before. I'd break too many strings....
Lyrics: Time wasted between solos.

After a mindboggling 3-hour Steve Vai concert, I had to listen to some brainless guitar playing... so I put on Nevermind...

Jesus Rocks!
ZZ Top I think
Sweeping is for n00bs. I've moved on to vacuuming. Eventually I'll even try steam cleaning.

Bitches don't know
Yngwie Malmsteen reportedly uses 8s tuned to Eb on his strats; how that would compare tension-wise to a Les Paul with the same gauge I don't know.

Tony Iommi from Black Sabbath also famously uses really light strings to help his fingers (or what's left of them), what gauge exactly I don't know though.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by geetarmanic
I remember reading this somewhere... that he always/mostly stuck to 8's... wasn't sure if it was accurate.

Any other famous guitarists that stick to 8's?

It's accurate, he's said it himself a few times. He would throw away the low e and string that with the A string and so on... The top e with a banjo string as K!!LsWiTcH said. Now he alternates back and forth with 9's as well - Ernie Ball Super Slinkys.
my friend has a LP with 8`s, and it feels good
i would preffer some 10 or 12 but 8 are totally fine
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400