ok so listening to your advices i bought myself a small practice amp Roland Micro Cube. First to say i have a cort evl k-4 and would like some advices or a link etc. for me to make adjustments. i found the clean channel very successfull with some reverb added it was really really good. distortion channel was also good but i guess i wasnt hard enough? what should i expect from that distortion channel? and also the brit combo and classical stack were not bad but i would like to get an AC DC sound from one of those. if you can help me i would really be happy
angus young doesnt use as much gain as most people think, he only puts the gain on 3 or 4 n has it really loud
Quote by Luke.Zeppelin
angus young doesnt use as much gain as most people think, he only puts the gain on 3 or 4 n has it really loud

he doesn't use master volume amps most of the time so i wonder how he 'puts the gain
on 3 or 4'...

the reason he has it really loud is because it's a tube amp, so cranking a microcube wont get an ac dc sound

ts, i'd try classic stack with the gain quite low.
Quote by The red Strat.
he doesn't use master volume amps most of the time so i wonder how he 'puts the gain
on 3 or 4'...

the reason he has it really loud is because it's a tube amp, so cranking a microcube wont get an ac dc sound

ts, i'd try classic stack with the gain quite low.

+1 Classic stack with the gain quite low, boosted mids and treble with a fair bit, but not too much bass. That's probably going to be the closest you'll get.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
and not only ac dc i would also like to know how can i get some heavier metal bands... should i be able to get something like children of bodom ( dont think so ) not the exact tone but something similar... how heavy it should go? what is the heaviest stuff i can play with it since im a mostly metal player. clean is good tho.
as far as the amp will take u try it out, not far enough save for a distortion pedal
Quote by Yngwi3
+1 Classic stack with the gain quite low, boosted mids and treble with a fair bit, but not too much bass. That's probably going to be the closest you'll get.

Remember the Microcube only has a single-band EQ. It's pretty useless for anything distorted.

TS: You just have to experiment. That little amp doesn't have too many options for you to figure out in a few hours.
This might be useful :
http://www.rolandmusik.de/ftp/pub/downloads/sounds-der-helden/SDH-MicroCube.pdf

(It's german, but Gain 12 in german does also mean put gain on 12 in English; oddly enough)

If you cant be bothered to open a PDF, they say the Angus Young setting is :
Angus Young; AC/DC; Highway To Hell; Tone :14,5; EFX : x, Del/Rev :x; Classic Stack; Gain : 14; ( Volume :10)

X means nothing.

(The numbers are to be seen as :
10 = 10.00 Hour
15,5 = 15.30 Hour)
if you're on your own, scoop the mids a bit on the R-Fier setting. It'll make it sound a little more brootalz.

**Flameshield up**
Quote by bartdevil_metal
if you're on your own, scoop the mids a bit on the R-Fier setting. It'll make it sound a little more brootalz.

**Flameshield up**

that's filled with fail for two reasons ,
- it only has a tone knob.
- scooped mids do NOT sound brootal, but crappy.

Quote by The red Strat.
that's filled with fail for two reasons ,
- it only has a tone knob.
- scooped mids do NOT sound brootal, but crappy.

I thought a microcube had a 3 band EQ?

And secondly, I know it's not good in a band setting but they can sound ok for practising on your own. Especially since the TS is playing on a digital amp.
The Microcube only has a tone knob, the 30 has 3 bands (not sure about 20, 60 has 4 bands I believe (presence)).
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
so whatever its not a bad amp ill try to do my best thanks. and i should ask this to you. since its a digital amp how will a distortion pedal effect its sound? in a good way or a bad way? is it worth buying one on this amp??
I have the 20 for the room and it has 3 bands.

Cubes IMO are mainly practice amps and you will not be able to get a lot of tones out of it, which doesn't matter cause your practicing.
but is my choice good for this range? i could have bought a 15 watt ibanez amp and a pedal instead. really did I do the right thing?
Yes, the Ibanez you're talking about is probably the Tone Blaster, and it is terrible. The Microcube is regarded as in the top 2 for it's price range.
Quote by blind.quardian
and not only ac dc i would also like to know how can i get some heavier metal bands... should i be able to get something like children of bodom ( dont think so ) not the exact tone but something similar... how heavy it should go? what is the heaviest stuff i can play with it since im a mostly metal player. clean is good tho.

youre the one with the amp mate

EXPERIMENT also
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
ok one more question. how should i use my pickup switch and tone knob on my guitar this is important cos changes the sound a lot.?
Quote by blind.quardian
ok one more question. how should i use my pickup switch and tone knob on my guitar this is important cos changes the sound a lot.?

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
EXPERIMENT also

Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
After like 17th fret although i am on full gain when i hammer on a fret with no picking i get like no sound. i press the 24th fret like tapping but no sound ... on full gain so? is this normal? how should i be able to play a solo
It's all technique brother. You should be able to play a solo with and without distortion and sound mostly the same.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
I doubt it. maybe adjust the tone toward treble a bit. That'd be my only guess.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
it has a tone knob i put it in high and opened the tone knob and full gain r-fier. when i just simply tap on the 24th fret i get no sounds... maybe the volume is too low but i cant open more at home
That's weird, i'm quite sure is your technique. I have a microcube and even with my ****ty "no name guitar that cost less than 100$", i can tap the 24th fret with no problem with or without distortion.
Besides being a guitar player, I'm a big fan of the guitar. I love that damn instrument. Steve Vai

Gear:
Kramer Striker FR422SM
Roland Microcube
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm picks

MY VIDEOS