Had my first lesson the other day and didn`t use a pick and it sounded good , came home and practiced with one and it`s no where near as good does every one have this problem to start with?
when you get used to playing without a pick, it'll seem a bit weird to play with one. and vice versa. I suggest you learn to play with AND without a pick. be a little versatile.
Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
Quote by psychokiller99
when you get used to playing without a pick, it'll seem a bit weird to play with one. and vice versa. I suggest you learn to play with AND without a pick. be a little versatile.

I second that. Practice with both.
If you can become proficient in both picking and finger picking, you can create some awesome licks and solos and stuff.
If you feel adventurous, do BOTH! I am trying to learn how to do finger+picking. All you do is fingerpick with your middle, ring, and pinky fingers while picking a bass note (or a root note) with the pick. The combo of strong root notes/bass notes and quieter tones rocks when playing acoustic.
Practice with both, two styles is better than one.
Professional Mixing available at request.

Everton FC
does it matter i play an electric? are there disadvantages when comparing one to the other