Poll: How dumb is this idea (1 being the least dumb, 10 being the most)?
Poll Options
View poll results: How dumb is this idea (1 being the least dumb, 10 being the most)?
3 13%
1 4%
1 4%
0 0%
7 29%
3 13%
1 4%
3 13%
0 0%
4 17%
Voters: 24.
How stupid of an idea is this?

So, for like the second time ever, I caught GAS. It started when I went to a local music shop to buy some picks and some strings. I try this MIM 70's Strat that looked pretty nice and decided to play it. As you can probably guess, I now really want this guitar. I haven't been playing long, only like 7-8 mths, and I got my Epi LP like 4 months ago, and I really like it. It just seems that a Strat would help me pursue and play other types of music and not replace my Epiphone, which can help me play the harder more bluesy rock.

The guitar is $729.99, and I think I can make that this summer working. My question is, how dumb is this decision to get another guitar after I haven't played that long? Should I save my money for a (maybe better) strat? Should I get something else? I want to reward myself with something big and guitar-related for my first summer working.

Do I do it?
I have a Roland Cube 30 watt. imo I don't need a new amp because I don't play on gigging anytime soon and it suits what I need it for atm.
Also what I want to play with the Strat is stuff like Hendrix, RHCP, and maybe some blues like SRV.
Well I don't see a reason for getting a new guitar. If you don't plan on gigging anytime soon, then why would you need a new guitar? Seems like a waste of money, imo.
if you are sure you wont loose interest in guitars anytime soon u shud get it if you really like it, money is for spending on interests
Inspired by Ibanez RGA321F Prestige, Gibson Les Paul Standard
Powered by CAA OD100 standard+ , Mesa 2x12
Affected by Maxon OD808, Mad Professor Deep blue delay

Quote by Green RATM Day
Well I don't see a reason for getting a new guitar. If you don't plan on gigging anytime soon, then why would you need a new guitar? Seems like a waste of money, imo.

Yea, that's true. Maybe I'm just rushing this new guitar thing.
take your time with new guitars, its really worth it to get good to a level where you can feel the need to have multiple guitars for different genres and styles.

but thats me being a hypocrite, i have 1 nice schecter, a semi hollow ibanez artcore i enjoy and a legit squier tele that im in the middle of customizing for fun... money is the only problem, but that wouldnt have happened had i not dropped the 800 for my schecter... ya know? gotta learn to buy what you need not what you want, especially if you arent positive you'll stick with it.

also learn madddddddddddddd songs to play, even if you make up a riff yourself, try to expand it into something personal... eventually this is gonna start you off well with small bands and such

but yea, make your own choice, you really like that guitar, go for it brotha
id say amp as you'll sound better, surely more important than image which is really what the strat's about
Ibanez RG1570
Randall RG75G3
EHX Metal Muff
Quote by Jaekae
if you are sure you wont loose interest in guitars anytime soon u shud get it if you really like it, money is for spending on interests

+1

Don't rush into purchases, but, considering that you'll have all summer to earn the money and think about your decision, I don't see anything wrong with you planning on purchasing this new guitar.

Also, while my stock answer is usually "get a new amp," I think in this situation that purchasing the strat isn't a bad decision. While a new amp could greatly improve the quality of your sound and your overall playing enjoyment, the strat--at this point--could keep up your interest in guitar and also give you the versatility to explore some other music genres a little more fully.
Fender Standard Stratocaster
BC Rich Mockingbird Supreme (USA Custom Shop)
BC Rich NJ Neck-Thru Series Mockingbird
Epiphone Elite Les Paul Standard

Laney TT50-112
Peavey Classic 30
Epiphone Valve Junior
Roland Microcube