which is a better amp? factoring in that the tiny terror is alot less money. i play classic rock. (hendrix, led zeppelin)
Gear:

2007 Fender Highway 1 Stratocaster (MIA)

Mesa Boogie Express 5:25

Yamaha Acoustic

Member of the Eric Johnson Worshippers Club.
ttttttttttttiny terror!

all the way, cant beat it
http://sheepshape.co.uk

Gretsch White Falcon

Fender Volume-Tone
TC Electronic Polytune
Digitech Whammy
Vox V847-A
Ibanez TS9
Menatone Red Snapper
Marshall EH1
Boss DD7
Boss CE5
GLX NG100
EHX Cathedral
Vox AC15CC1
George L's
EBow
Really two different amps. Kinda apples to oranges...and both are good at what they do. A used JCM will cost less and allow more flexibility. A new tiny terror will retain a better resell value...at the time of this posting.

If your going to get orange, I would at least get a 30 watt version. Unless you plan to play in your room or very small mom mic'd venues. If you go with Marshall, I suggest used as there are some great deals to be had.

IMHO between your choices the JCM wins in quite a landfall.
For Classic Rock, you want the Orange. I'd advise you got a Rocker or something, cos they break up really easy. Then again, you'll get secksy poweramp OD that way.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Tiny Terror in every concievable way as far as tone is concerned.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Tiny Terror all the way.

Don't think that 15 watts isn't loud. A 15 watt Orange will crank as loud as a 30 watt.
Member of UG Gain whores.
PM Gpderek09 to join!
the tiny terror breaks up at a very low volume, even with your volume pot on your guitar

so if cleans are a needed thing, get the jcm
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
i own a TT, my other bandmate had a 2000. imo the TT sounded way better and the other guitarist has long since traded away the jcm. but they are very different amps, i would really recommend playing them to compare if at all possible. and even though the TT is only 15 watts i have had little problems getting loud enough, very rarely can it not be heard in the mix live, even outside; i usually just play it with a 2x12 orange cab up on it's side and the v30's just get heard in the mix. plus they sound all good all driven like that so it is really win/win with TT.
Quote by gumbilicious
i own a TT, my other bandmate had a 2000. imo the TT sounded way better and the other guitarist has long since traded away the jcm. but they are very different amps, i would really recommend playing them to compare if at all possible. and even though the TT is only 15 watts i have had little problems getting loud enough, very rarely can it not be heard in the mix live, even outside; i usually just play it with a 2x12 orange cab up on it's side and the v30's just get heard in the mix. plus they sound all good all driven like that so it is really win/win with TT.

Do you mean the amp sounds good driven? Or the speakers sound good when they're being driven hard? Cause there's no way a TT can drive 2 v30s really hard
I don't really dig anything orange. I love marshall.

The JCM 2000 dsl and tsl are great amps, very versatile and awesome tone.

It seems like you want more of a british amp so another amp to look at would be the laney vc15 or vc30 or lc15 or lc30
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
IMO, Tiny Terror is very onesided amp. Clean + Crunch and thats about it.
Marshall JCM is much louder which means more headroom for cleans. Also the crunch on the marshall jcm is awesome! Instant SRV to ACDC with the gain knob.

If you want small amp with portability get the tiny terror.
If you want the marshall crunch and more head room get the JCM

[Gear]
1957 Reissue Gibson Les Paul Custom [gone ]
1958 Reissue Sunburst (Ice Tea)
1959 Reissue Sunburst (Cherry)
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone SG
50th Anniversary CS Masterbuilt Strat

Fender Deluxe Reverb Reissue
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL