The music store near me has a Fender JagStang for $600 its brand new and comes with an original hardshell case. Should I get it or should I wait and get a mustang. Thanks in advance.
"Its better to regret something you did then something you didnt do"- Buttholesurfers
I'd get it. Those things are going to go up in value, unless Fender reissues them again, which I doubt will happen. Then again, thats all IMO.

If you like the sound of it and you're totally satisfied, then get it.; Personally, I would...
I'm guessing MIM right? If MIA then don't buy it but give me their address
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Well do you want a jagstang or a mustang? That's the question. You can get a mustang for like $630 on musiciansfriends, so the price are pretty much the same. They're also essentially the same guitar. The only differences are that the jagstang has an extended front horn and a humbucker in the bridge. I've got one myself, and It's got a super comfortable neck, especially if you have smaller hands like me. But so does the mustang.

Quote by Ichimaru
I'm guessing MIM right? If MIA then don't buy it but give me their address

no it was MIJ.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
whats MIM? MIA?
"Its better to regret something you did then something you didnt do"- Buttholesurfers
oh nvm
yeah Im pretty convinced Im going to get it now the only proble I have is that I cant get there to get it. Its in the next town over and I have no ride there
tsk tsk.
For you that have it how good is it honestly compared to other guitars. What other guitar would you compare it to?
Quote by TMusic
For you that have it how good is it honestly compared to other guitars. What other guitar would you compare it to?

It's absolute shite. Dodgiest shape ever, not comfy at all. No contours either. I'm not a fan of the bucker, but that's subjective. I'd also like the tremolo, but it's hardtail.

Not to mention they're freakin' ugly. What possessed Fender to allow Cobain to design a guitar?
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
I had a Jagstang a few years ago(cuz Im a huge Nirvana fan), but I got rid of it after about 6 months of trying to like it. The neck was way too small for my liking and the sound really wasn't impressive at all. I really did try to like it, but its just not a very good guitar.
I like it. Most who don't, say that the Humbucker's too thin. I thought so, too, initially and replaced it with a DM, then a SD with matching SC ... excellent at practice level, lots of bite cranked. Then I re-installed the thin-sounding stock H and SC, cranked the tube/valve amp, and it sounded way better. The stock PUs shine when cranked ... otherwise, it sounds Blah. The DM and SD PUs are a very nice upgrade.

BTW, Sonic Blue, for some reason, sell higher than Fiesta Red ... go figure.

Quote by TMusic
whats MIM? MIA?

MIM =Made in Mexico
MIA = Made in America
MIJ = Made in Japan
Guitars:
Epiphone SG
Schecter Damien FR
Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amps:
Epiphone Studio 10S Practice Amp
Peavey ValveKing 212

Effects:
Vox V847 (NOT V847A) Wah Pedal
DOD FX55-B Supra Distortion
I would get it. I was sooo pissed off at my friend who got one when we has like 16 back in the late 90s and he sold it last year for weed money.
Quote by init24
cobain hated the jagstang...

Which why he had it made for himself. Right...
The jagstang was still a prototype when Kurt died. Had he not the guitar would have been developed further and we might be seeing a very different axe. What we see as the Jagstang is the last version of the prototype and I may be completely wrong here but Kurt never recieved delivery.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
Quote by halikus
The jagstang was still a prototype when Kurt died. Had he not the guitar would have been developed further and we might be seeing a very different axe. What we see as the Jagstang is the last version of the prototype and I may be completely wrong here but Kurt never recieved delivery.

i believe he did, but the guitar still needed a ton of tweaking and repair, so he sent it back but he was dead before it was completed