Im playing metal mainly, but I wouldnt mind a good clean channel...
I will soon use a Schecter Hellraiser C-7 with EMGs

Opinions?
I think the FA-60 has more gain but you would need a graphic EQ to get it into a 'modern' tone, I think if you just want to buy an amp and be set the VK would be more what you're looking for.

Neither of them have the best clean channels; they're both more Marshall-y than Fender-y but they're pretty clean compared to some.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
I'm a fan of the FA-60 myself. I believe they'll be a bit cheaper than the VK too.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Never had experience of the Ashdown but I can offer that the VK improves a lot if you swap out the speaker.
The Valveking. The Ashdown is fantastic value but seems to be very unreliable, and to be honest doesn't sound that great either (at least without some significant tweaking). As you're after a 2x12 I assume you'll be gigging with it, and I just don't think the Ashdown is solidly built enough for regular gigging. The Valveking isn't that much of an imprvement though.
Ashdown sounds alot better in my opinion, although they can be unreliable at times. The VK is good, I just don't think it sounds as nice. Might want an OD pedal to tighten up the gain, whichever one you decide to buy.
How would a Peavey Triple XXX 40 EFX hold up to these two?

And what do you guys mean by unreliable?
A wire came loose in my Ashdown whilst it was being shipped, apparently it was a dodgy connection. Heard of a few others breaking down, although the same can be said for the VK.

The XXX will be better than both the FA and the VK.