2nd epic piece i'm on atm

i noticed how much trivium influences my playing, and how much it showed in Hellbound Believer

for this one, i'm trying to include some more meaty chordy riffs, like machine head, but also, keeping those melodic parts [more trivium]

any good? i'm kinda stuck now, where should i go next?

-=EDIT=-

i added another strings track, but i had trouble with channels [having to share etc...]

but i think ive got round that - don't add any more instruments, though some piano would be very nice...

-=EDIT=- [12/06/08]

this still isnt finished

-=EDIT=- [02/07/08]

added a bit more, written a solo or two, added a weird section

not 100% about the last few bars though

STILL not finished

-=EDIT=-

FINISHED! =D

click here to go to it https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=905338
Attachments:
Epica.zip
Last edited by TeraBite at Jul 9, 2008,
You again! Finally! So, pretty good one, but:

Wuts up with the floor tom?
Make this timpani quieter!
Good chord progressions, but the mods didn't quite fit the progression.

Niiiiiice. 9/10

Check mine? It's a new thread, you won't miss it. And see what I meant about teh Timpani
I really dig the strings.
The guitars are sick, the solo is pretty rad.
Some of those crash symbals in the beginning are a bit loud.
Overall 9/10
This reminds me of the band that shares the title of the song

The moment where the song left off seems like a perfect time to have some piano come in with the subtle backing of the bass and maybe some strings
thank you very much for your crit , I didn'T have the time to crit back yet but as soon as I can find some I'll edit this

Greymane
O.o

Not alot to be said here, sounded like a flawless masterpiece from where I'm sitting, loved the intro alot, wasn't expecting that after the intro to be honest

9/10 from me. Only complaint is that you need to adjust the volume in some places, becauses for me, after the intro part the Guitars weren't loud enough for me (but thats just my personal preference O.o)
I like it, I myself am a Symphonic/Epic Metal Guitarist and Songwriter. I give this 9,5/10 need a little sound-adjusting.
wow, average of 9.125/10

ty a lot guys

I like it, I myself am a Symphonic/Epic Metal Guitarist and Songwriter. I give this 9,5/10 need a little sound-adjusting.

sound adjusting, what and where?

This reminds me of the band that shares the title of the song

The moment where the song left off seems like a perfect time to have some piano come in with the subtle backing of the bass and maybe some strings

that would be nice, only i'm trying to keep to one instrument per track, but i've run out of tracks ¬.¬
I think it sounds pretty good. It's not groundbreaking or specially unique, I think, but it sounds good never-the-less. I was really annoyed by the floor tom instead of a kick... and... the drumming in general wasn't aggressive enough. Some of the sections needed the drums force behind them, and sounded hollow without it.

I'd tweak the panning and volumes if I were you... remember that every instrument needs to be clearly discernible.
Well, I´m not to fond on epic songs, but I´ll crit it nevr the less. Nothing really stood out for me, but i like the riff at bar 38. I also missed the solo, this track definiatly needs one. Just work on the track a bit and it will improve. 7.66/10
In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Quote by Lord-O-Donuts
Banned for being the coolest April 08'er on UG.

please check out my own album:
almilano.bandcamp.com
Loved the acoustic harmonies in the beggining. You got some nice solid riffs and good melodies. Overall it was very enjoyable and I didn't feel the urge to skip through any of it. 9.5/10
Loved it totally. Sounds like something you'd hear in a movie. But like somebody said the volume does need to be adjusted jus a little, the strings are a bit over powering IMO, but i still loved them.
Wow that was really epic, almost too epic lol. Anyways what can I say, that was really good and I don't know what you were talking about when you said you don't know how to use strings, that was some serious skill with the strings ensemble. Also the acoustic parts were nice, and the main riff.

Crit:

- Although the riffs were good, I saw a lot of potential for variation in there. Especially from 119-140. Those measures have a nice ring to them and some guitar work other than power chords to go along would really make it shine.
- Tiampi = Too much (tone it down a notch)
- The solo was good, but it could have been a bit longer it seemed like you put so much buildup to it and it only lasted for a moment. Also maybe a little harmonization would spice things up a bit?

Other than that just adjust the volumes/pan

Overall 7/10 - I really enjoyed it and I will be first in line to see a version 2.