Anyone have that guitar, the one mentioned in the title? I'm really interested in buying one and I need a few comments on it.
WARNING FAN BOY INCOMING!

Schecters are amazing and can do no wrong! end of story, its a schecter so its good
Quote by SharpSpoon
I think I can safely say I would still bang her knowing this information.

Lmao ^

Grundy0 > Cancer!
i have a schecter damien 7 and it's great. i was thinking about getting the atx c-7 but im po, it looks freakin awesome.
i'd rather have the c-7 hellraiser, looks so much better (the black blackjack has the ugliest binding and they both have a stupid inlay). plus the hellraiser has tappable EMG's which you could easily do an 18v mod on to make them sound even better.
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab
Quote by xMikeyxMetalx
i'd rather have the c-7 hellraiser, looks so much better (the black blackjack has the ugliest binding and they both have a stupid inlay). plus the hellraiser has tappable EMG's which you could easily do an 18v mod on to make them sound even better.

So you wreckon the new Hellraiser's would be the better option? I don't like the lightening bolt very much on the Blackjack's but neither do I like the Gothic Cross on the Hellraiser, but I prefer the agred white colour over the black cherry, certainly. It leaves me the option to paint the over the white with a design as well if I lean towards the white colour of the ATX. Plus I here the Blackouts are a little bit better than the EMG's. I haven't heard anything on whether the EMG coil tapping system is any good, often times they are very poor.
on the 6 string version it was pretty good, not the best by any means
the 7 string they had had a drained battery from it being left plugged in night after night so i didn't get to try it.
the white blackjack looks good and i'm actually considering it to if i decide to go 7 string.
i really wish the inlay was different, but hey if it sounds good thats all i need.
its all preference really.
depending if you want EMG's and a 26.5" scale or Blackouts and a 25.5" scale.
tommorow im going to hopefully try both out and let you know.
Guitar:
Amps:
Engl Fireball
i have that guitar in a hellraiser form...(check my sig)...same thing...different color...and its awesome....very solid, great neck, and killer sound...go for it
ESP Eclipse with blackouts (Snow White)
Taylor 814ce (tabacco sunburst)
Dean Dime o Flage
Spider valve mkii
Fender Super Reverb
Peavey Vypyr 15
Quote by xMikeyxMetalx
on the 6 string version it was pretty good, not the best by any means
the 7 string they had had a drained battery from it being left plugged in night after night so i didn't get to try it.
the white blackjack looks good and i'm actually considering it to if i decide to go 7 string.
i really wish the inlay was different, but hey if it sounds good thats all i need.
its all preference really.
depending if you want EMG's and a 26.5" scale or Blackouts and a 25.5" scale.
tommorow im going to hopefully try both out and let you know.

The Blackjack ATX with the Blackouts has 26.5" scale, the same as all the other seven string Schecter's. Some places have a missprint. If you look on the offical website you'll see the ATX has the long scale length as well as the Hellraiser.

I agree that the lightening bolt is not great but its not the end of the world, it doens't look too bad anyway and its whether the rest of the guitar looks good or plays well that counts. Focusing on the little bad things on a guitar is my problem, I should be concentrating on whats nice about it instead.
^oh thank you for the correction
i was just looking at guitarcenter.com i think.
so yeah i guess it comes down to blackouts or EMG's (if i get the hellraiser, i will be performing the 18v mod).
hopefully GC has them both tommorow
Guitar:
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Quote by xMikeyxMetalx
so yeah i guess it comes down to blackouts or EMG's (if i get the hellraiser, i will be performing the 18v mod).

Make sure to call ahead and find out.
Got a question about Baritone guitars? Feel free to PM me.

Thanks to UG, I converted from Metalcore to some "real" Metal.
Quote by xMikeyxMetalx

Hey mate, could you tell me about this 18v business you mentioned. I've heard talk about it before but I never understood what it was? I assume it has some relevance to the pickups and is the power source for them?
well pretty much the battery powers the active pre-amp in the EMG's.
increasing the voltage gives it more headroom, so it isn't as muddy and has a much cleaner sounds.
But i went to guitar center today, and their selection of 7 strings was limited.
No Blackjack ATX of any kind.
i tried the c-7 Hellraiser on a 5150III head, and i didn't really like it at all.
it sounded cold, sterile and the b string was pretty flubby it wasn't very tight sounding at all, i actually liked the Ibanez RG7321 better.
so i've decided im probably going for the Xiphos xpt707fx
it has a better neck IMO. Also it has d activator pickups which are much better than the EMG's IMO.
sorry i didn't get to try the Blackjack, but i hoped this helped.

i was playing high gain Death Metal riffs in drop A
so maybe it will work better for some people more than me
Guitar:
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Quote by xMikeyxMetalx
well pretty much the battery powers the active pre-amp in the EMG's.
increasing the voltage gives it more headroom, so it isn't as muddy and has a much cleaner sounds.
But i went to guitar center today, and their selection of 7 strings was limited.
No Blackjack ATX of any kind.
i tried the c-7 Hellraiser on a 5150III head, and i didn't really like it at all.
it sounded cold, sterile and the b string was pretty flubby it wasn't very tight sounding at all, i actually liked the Ibanez RG7321 better.
so i've decided im probably going for the Xiphos xpt707fx
it has a better neck IMO. Also it has d activator pickups which are much better than the EMG's IMO.
sorry i didn't get to try the Blackjack, but i hoped this helped.

i was playing high gain Death Metal riffs in drop A
so maybe it will work better for some people more than me

Well no thats helped a lot mate! I want a seven string that cuts through, I don't want it to sound mushy in any way. I previously owned a Schecter Omen Extreme 7 string but it had a dent it when it arrived so I sent it back. I'm glad I had an excuse to return it to be honest cause it sucked! It was just mush! I want a guitar that I can use to drop the tunnings and play Deftones style stuff, which incidentaly comes from EMG 707's. I was hoping that the guitars with better pickups and overall better build and woods would mean that it sounded far superior to the Omen Extreme. But maybe it won't. The only way for me to find out is to buy a ticket, get on a plain and travel around Britain until I find one and try it out! Sucks to be here in Ireland!