this is my first attempt at a decent recording using audacity. I am using a behringer 210 mic'ed by a shure sm58. I think it sounds pretty good for my first try. Crit please?

purevolume.com/westlentz

click metal riff. dont mind the other stuff. its old lol

p.s. i used guitar pro for drums.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
yeah thats pretty awesome =)
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
really? thanks. the first riff was pretty much off the top of my head hahaha. i will probably record it again once my mesa gets here........muahahahaha. lol
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
I liked the BFMV style harmizing you had goin on there. I think the dampend chords at the second half could be used as a verse riff, but then make them long as the song progresses, to give a bit more exitment. Good stuff so far!

Here's some of my stuff if you wanna listen;
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...ad.php?t=853253
Some pretty neat riffs, but I didn't like the tone so much.
Other then that I haven't really much to say, because it was rather short.
But I really think it's pretty good stuff!

Thanks for critting my song!
Quote by 666metalmark
Some pretty neat riffs, but I didn't like the tone so much.
Other then that I haven't really much to say, because it was rather short.
But I really think it's pretty good stuff!

Thanks for critting my song!

well the amp was a behringer v-tone, so i guess thats where the tone issue came in haha. i have a mesa on its way right now, and will do some recordings with it when its here. thanks for all the feedback guys

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣