This one just happens to be worth $3000 and i'm still crying. Any way to get it repaired? Do you know what this feels like...?
Well, I have a major chip in mine and I love it. It's what sets mine apart from the others.

Plus I've heard that there are fillers and stuff. And ^that^ is just the kind of reply you'll get in The Pit my friend.
i do know what it feels like indeed, it feels like a kick in the balls while being told you have to have both hands amputated....

well really it just feels super crappy

im here for you know, your in my prayers

haha
Maybe you should have taken care of it better if it was Three thousand dollars.
bree bree look how fucking metal i am
Quote by EJD
Well, I have a major chip in mine and I love it. It's what sets mine apart from the others.

No you don't.

You're only trying to convince yourself that you love it and that it "adds character" so you don't have to face the fact that you ****ed it up and it makes it look worse.No offense. I've chipped one of my beauties as well.
Quote by Archaon
No you don't.

You're only trying to convince yourself that you love it and that it "adds character" so you don't have to face the fact that you ****ed it up and it makes it look worse.No offense. I've chipped one of my beauties as well.

What, it's impossible to love individuality? Don't tell him what he likes and dislikes.

And really, it's just a chip. It's your guitar, you don't have to pay for it. Calm yourself down.
I just dented the neck of my guitar by dropping it. I was just about to make a thread just like this to try and get sympathy, prayers and lulz. Saved me the trouble.

Its so sad
Quote by Archaon
No you don't.

Correct
Quote by CobainBohnam
How bad is the chip?
Pics?

It's not large but still noticable. My guitar strap fell off and the body swung to hit a chair. Do you know if complicated finishes are repairable? There are pics prior to chipping in my profile. I'm not looking for sympathy as much as help.
tilt your guitar so that the chip falls out. then, if it isn't too dusty, eat the motherfucker.
Go and buy straplocks.

And a time machine.
Schecter C1 Classic Left Handed
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey Valveking 112
Does it says made in china?
mine says that and its sorta chipping.
Avenged Sevenfold Fan, proud of it.
Quote by AMGram
It's not large but still noticable. My guitar strap fell off and the body swung to hit a chair. Do you know if complicated finishes are repairable? There are pics prior to chipping in my profile. I'm not looking for sympathy as much as help.

To stop something like this happening again you should get strap locks. My guitar used to fall off its strap occasionaly, but ever since I got strap locks, the strap has not come off the guitar.
Quote by Archaon
No you don't.

That's just you, you can't tell other people what they like and dislike.
Posted By Joth
BassyJoey has a sweet toosh!
you can take it to a repair shop and if its painted, like a strat of tele, they can put filler and paint to make it all better, but if its a wood finish, im not sure what anyone can do
but chips on the body don't worry me much. If i got a chip on the neck or sumin id be pissed, but the body doesn't wouldn''t worry me much
but then again, my guitar wasn't 3000 bucks
My Gear
Fender 72 Tele Deluxe
Behringer GM108
Austin Boot-Heel Cutaway
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Peavey Valveking 112

Quote by mikeman
Everyone can relate to food or taking dumps but nobody sings about it.
Personally, my Charvel goes these days for upwards of that (or so the Jackson website says, I've modded it a lot so I dunno anymore), and I have a small chip right on the bottom curve of the body (when you're holding it), and I like it. It's not very noticeable, and let's me tell mine apart from others that look similar.

But the best (and cheapest) I've seen is take fingernail polish that's the same color as the guitar, and paint it over the chip. It's almost unnoticable.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
I actually prefer used guitars that are chipped, and faded, to new shiny guitars. The new ones make me not not want to play them. The faded, chipped ones just appeal to me more.
HAha yea ive chipped both ends of the V shape on my Jackson KVX10, have no idea how it happened but it did. Feels bloody annoying but you get over it. I have touched it up a bit with lipstick aswell, works quite well surprisingly provided that its the right colour.
Quote by stringmagician
Calm yourself down.

Quote by Archaon
No offense.

Quote by Archaon
I've chipped one of my beauties as well.

What made you think I was frustrated or angry?
when i got my first guitar, i put it on to show my aunt, and it fell because no one told me about strap locks..i got knicks and scratches all over it. it wasnt expensive so...
Quote by SteveHouse
M. Night Shyamallama

why do people care about this so much, if you play a guitar it will inevitably get a little banged up, adds character to the instrument.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by bendystraw
tilt your guitar so that the chip falls out. then, if it isn't too dusty, eat the motherfucker.

amen brother
Quote by fosho
how....did you find that wiki article?
youre a weird one tjdjr09

Hey man, a chip in your guitar isn't a big deal. It just adds to the character of the guitar. Have you ever looked at an old guitar? Chances are that it has all kinds of dings and scratches and maybe a chip out of it like yours now does. All that means is that lots of people have picked it up and played it a lot over the years because it's a good guitar. They liked the way it sounded or whatever, so they played it a lot, and naturally it got some scars.

I don't know exactly how that is on topic, but some food for thought.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.