Why does every one hate Crate amps, I have a crate gt 212, I mentioned it in a forum one time and got flamed hardcore, Its a pretty decent amp, sounds great to me and people I play for, so ug I ask why do u hate it, and dont give me ****ty answers like
"becasue crates suck" give me well thought out answers or **** off
Quote by SharpSpoon
I think I can safely say I would still bang her knowing this information.

Lmao ^

Grundy0 > Cancer!
Not that I heard, when I was searching for an amp, the tube amp I tried sucked knob compared to the Crate and had 1/2 the watts and was $50 more expensive
Quote by SharpSpoon
I think I can safely say I would still bang her knowing this information.

Lmao ^

Grundy0 > Cancer!
Yeah, Rizo pretty much said it. Crates sound like total ass compared to a tube amp or a decent solid state (Randall G3, Line 6 Flextone/Vetta, tech 21)
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
It's because

Tube > you
Professional Mixing available at request.

Everton FC
Quote by schecter_r0cker
Not that I heard, when I was searching for an amp, the tube amp I tried sucked knob compared to the Crate and had 1/2 the watts and was $50 more expensive

I'd assume one of three reasons for this, either:
1) Your ears are broken

2) It wasn't a tube amp but was in fact a hybrid amp

3) The tube amp wasn't cranked.
The only crate i've heard on a regular basis is a v50 they just don't have any bass. I just don't think crate amps have any tone especially the solid state ones.
i have a Crate and it's awesome
granted, i don't have a whole lot of experience with others,
but i love my Crate
Quote by BlackandSilver
Kill 'em All in St Anger with the help of the Master of Puppets. He can Ride the Lightning, creating a Death Magnetic.

Myspace
Quote by schecter_r0cker

Tube amps produce far more sound with less wattage, so that's a pretty useless argument.

50$ when buying a decent amp is meaningless.

Are you sure it was tube? What make what model?
Tried them in GC...hated them. For some reason, i had a permanent chorus/phaser sound even with all the effects disabled.

And yes, i disabled them on the right channel.
Quote by HighPotency
Tried them in GC...hated them. For some reason, i had a permanent chorus/phaser sound even with all the effects disabled.

And yes, i disabled them on the right channel.

you're doing it wrong then.
I own the Gt212, and it sounds awesome. I can get killer tone out of it. People here don't like them because they're not tube. The reason I got mine was because I needed it for gigs in large places, and was on a money shortage of $275. There isn't any tube amps for that much that you can gig with.
There will always be tube snobs. Crate isn't the most beautiful sounding brand out there, but when you're just starting out and have a limited budget, what else can you do?
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
People hate on Crates because like a few users before have said, they're ****ing tube nazis.

Frankly, I'm a big Crate fan.

I have a Crate GX-15 which is nearly 10 years old and is the best sounding practice amp I've had.

I also have a GT-212 and it's a great amp. Loud, great sounding, sturdy, and it had a good price.
Quote by gilly_90
Hi, I'm looking for some fruit, I can't decide between apples and oranges.
Which one is better?
Thanks
My only experience with Crate amps is this one GTD15 I played. To me it just sounded toneless. When I turned it up to 7, it started distorting the sound and I was on clean channel.
Ah, trust me, all you need to do is mention the Line 6 Spider III and the tubesnobs will forget all about hating the Crates.
Quote by CannonballTA
They are peices of ****, its like... Saying youre a 'car guy' and you drive a Kia..

Kia's aren't PoS either.

Just because something is affordable doesn't mean its automatically crap. I drive a kia, and the only major thing that happened was the transmission because I was retarded and didn't check the fluids. Otherwise it has ran like a champ going on 94k now but it in 2002 brand new.

Also, I'm a car guy. Doesn't mean I'm any less of a car enthusiast because I don't drive a ferrari.
Ive never played a Crate that sounded good to me. But, like some have mentioned, i am a tube nazi. They just dont compare to anything decent. Oh, and if you knew anything about amps, you'd know wattage doesnt mean anything. With tubes, there virtually no difference in volume between a 50W and a 100W.
Also just a funny thing to relate, I was watching a documentary about The Who and back in the 60s when they played to get a wild sound they would stab the speakers in there amps funny how we complain about clarity haha.
Old Crate's are great. My Vintage Club 60 tube amp is made in the US and sounds like I paid twice as much for it (got it used for $350). The problem is, those days are gone. Now Crate sells middle of the road solid states and tube amps of questionable construction that are made in Vietnam and China.
same thing happens to me with my Fender FM212, coincidentally i chose my amp over a crate one, the fender had more low end
i used to have a Crate FX 120 at the time i thought it sounded good... but in the same price range you can almost afford a low end tube amp that sounds AMAZING. I bought myself a peavey valveking 212... and frankly i dont think i will every go back to Solid State. The valveking sounds so awesome compared to my old crate. Save your money get a tube you wont regret it.
Gear:

Guitar
Recording king RD 22
Ibanez Jet King JTK2
Dean bass guitar

Amp
Peavey ValveKing 212
Bass Acoustic b100
I've got a GTX212 and had a GFX212 before. They sound just fine for what they do. Your'e not gonna go play a gig with something like that unless it's mic'ed up through a PA as theyr'e going to lose headroom fast as you crank them, but actually I thought they (both) soudned better than most of the Crate tube combos I've tried. Mainyl I use my Crate at home when I'm not concerned with playing super loud or keeping up with an acoustic drum kit. At low to moderate volumes, it has a very clean precise sound that makes it good for figuring passages out or when I get the urge to play something with a scooped high gain modern sound.
i just dont like crate amps at all... admittidly i love my tube amps, but crates just dont do it for me, simple as.
Whats that? Dream Theater? Better then you? You betcha.