so ive been looking to get new pickups for my ibanez rg550. im looking for a pickup that can deliver a brutal metal tone and a pretty good clean. mostly brootal though. i want a fuller sound that my stock pickups aren't giving me. and there bit dry sounding to. ive been looking at the Seymour Duncan JB-4 for my bridge and jazz pickups for the neck. I plan on using these pickups with my peavey 5150 combo. do u think they will sound good and give me the fuller tone i want?
equipment:
Esp EC-1000
ibanez rg550
Peavey 5150 combo
Boss ML-2 Metal core pedal
DB-01 crybaby from hell

Quote by dubstar92
Tell the friend that due to an amp explosion you are now temporarily deaf and will judge her friend solely on looks.
They'll give you the better tone, but they're not great for brootal.
Check eMG or Dimarzio.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
DiMarzio + Ibanez = Win
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
The EMG 81/85 or double 81 should pack enough punch for anyone. The clean sound is alright, better than I expected, but I'd stick to passive electronics for as long as possible, if I were you. Personally I use Seymour Duncan Jazz/JB resulting in a warm, yet tight and smooth tone.

And yeah, like everyone's stating, DiMarzios are quite commonly placed on guitars by the big Ibanez-guitarists. Have a look into those as well.
wat are some dimarzios that would help me get the tone im looking for?
equipment:
Esp EC-1000
ibanez rg550
Peavey 5150 combo
DB-01 crybaby from hell

Quote by dubstar92
Tell the friend that due to an amp explosion you are now temporarily deaf and will judge her friend solely on looks.
Stop making new threads, delete this one and the other one and use your original thread - if not to keep the forum tidy then as a courtesy to the people who were kind enough to post in it...

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=857693

...like me.

*reported*
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by kazra90
wat are some dimarzios that would help me get the tone im looking for?

I have a Tone Zone and PAF Pro combo in my RG and really like them; however, I think I might change out the Tone Zone for an Evolution because I already have a Tone Zone S in my Strat, which actually sound surprisingly close to the real thing, so I want something a little different.

I'm not sure what you're really looking for in a neck pickup, but I'd recommend the PAF Pro highly. By far the best neck pickup I've ever used. Its cleans are completely beautiful and leads are smooth and well defined.

As for the bridge, I'd go with either a Tone Zone, Evolution or Breed. If you really need tons of output you could go for an X2N but I'd really advise against it. It's a nice sounding pickup, but for me it was just way too high of output for anything but extreme metal.

Check out their website, they have clips of all them as well as explanations of how they sound and they're one of the very few companies I've seen that actually puts the output of the pickup on their website, not just resistance.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
how bout the DiMarzio DP220 D-Activator Bridge Humbucker Pickup and the DiMarzio DP219 D-Activator Neck Humbucker Pickup. will those help me get brutal tones and nice cleans?
equipment:
Esp EC-1000
ibanez rg550
Peavey 5150 combo
DB-01 crybaby from hell

Quote by dubstar92