if i was playing the key of a minor a hard rock progression what scales and or arpeggios could I use?
A minor would be a good start....depending on the chords you could possibly use other scales,but A minor is definitely going to fit.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
What are the chords? The progression can open up a lot of options. Start with the suggestions above, also experiment with the A blues scales.
If you were just a couple of 5th chords what scales could you use, I know the scales like the Minors the pentatonics, the blues, But I always get the same of sound I would like to know some other rock scales that would work in that type of progression.
Quote by mjkshreds
If you were just a couple of 5th chords what scales could you use, I know the scales like the Minors the pentatonics, the blues, But I always get the same of sound I would like to know some other rock scales that would work in that type of progression.

If you're talking about power chords, then you have a lot of freedom. To make things interesting, you can experiment with different scales such as harmonic minor, melodic minor, Phrygian and Lydian. There are many more but that's a start.
Quote by mjkshreds
if i was playing the key of a minor a hard rock progression what scales and or arpeggios could I use?

what is the progression?
Minor pentatonic, as people stated above.

Everyone should know that scale.
And I mean that in the best possible way.